• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Sophie and alfie

kirst25

Alpha Buck
It's going so much better..the lady from the rescue is coming back tonight to help it along and Alfie is so keen to be with Sophie,abit of humping from Alfie has happened but it was intervened and Sophie was happy to be round him but no grooming as of yet,fingers crossed tonight :)

I thought you hd no neutral territory? Thoutht they were going to the rescue to be bonded?

You don't want to intervene in humping either unless its head humping. Its natural.

I'm sure the rescue lady knows what she is doing and it sounds as if it is going well Kirsty :wave:

Thanks Hun :wave
Yeh she does know what she is doing,I felt more at ease for having someone experienced with me :)

I thought you hd no neutral territory? Thoutht they were going to the rescue to be bonded?

You don't want to intervene in humping either unless its head humping. Its natural.

You shouldn't let humping continue longer for 15 seconds even if it's normal humping. If it's consistent every time you try to bond the bunnies the other bunny may be intimidated by the other bunny (hence could lead to fighting). This needs to be avoided, allowing the bun to hump for 15seconds allows said bunny to assert dominance without affecting the other bunny to a huge extent and the other bun still feels that he/she has asserted dominance. :wave:

This is how I bonded my 3 pairs and also Brian and Mimah when Bri was still here.

ETA: Good luck Kirsty xxx

I think Gray asked these fair questions because a lot of what Kirst has said does not add up. I'm not saying its not true, just that it doesn't make sense when you read it, so Gray is just trying to understand what the actual situation is to enable him to offer correct advice if appropriate.

Good luck Kirst.

I *think* Kirsty is nervous about the bonding (just like I was) so she may repeat herself in threads there is nothing wrong with that. We are here to help & just because she doesn't post all of her life on a forum doesn't mean that things dont change. I was going to bond Amber & Noel until Janice offered but I didn't post it all on the forum.

I'm not getting at anyone at all, but I am tired of newish members having to explain themselves because older members are trying to catch them out!

Sorry if I offend anyone but this is not aimed at you Sky or Graham as you have both been helpful to kirsty :wave:

I *think* Kirsty is nervous about the bonding (just like I was) so she may repeat herself in threads there is nothing wrong with that. We are here to help & just because she doesn't post all of her life on a forum doesn't mean that things dont change. I was going to bond Amber & Noel until Janice offered but I didn't post it all on the forum.

I'm not getting at anyone at all, but I am tired of newish members having to explain themselves because older members are trying to catch them out!

Sorry if I offend anyone but this is not aimed at you Sky or Graham as you have both been helpful to kirsty :wave:

If it is me then I apologise, but I was simply telling Graham, not trying to tell Kirsty. I think she's a lovely person, and we shouldn't jump on people just because they don't express themselves as we want them to.

I believe her, and I am happy to offer help should she need it.

If it is me then I apologise, but I was simply telling Graham, not trying to tell Kirsty. I think she's a lovely person, and we shouldn't jump on people just because they don't express themselves as we want them to.

Oh no!! It wasn't you either! Sorry :oops: I feel bad now!
We have all helped on this thread :D

:lol: I should think not, because neither of us have done this. However, to enable us to help people, its important to ask questions, otherwise we give wrong advice. No one said she needed to tell the world her whole life story, we just asked for clarification because we were confused. That's no different from clarifying with anyone, new member or not.

Thank you :) I feel abit awkward asking for advice because I don't know what I'm doing and I am really nervous..the rescue lady has put Alfie into sophies pen which I'm assuming she knows what she is doing and it is working as they are fine but had a little bit of a scrap..Alfie has his cage to sleep in and can smell through the bars and I sit in the pen when they are together,I'm not being rude to anyone because I'm grateful for any advice just kinda feel intimidated because I'm not as experienced xx

I think you are all lovely but just don't want to be criticised as I'm new to all this and would love to make good friends on here

I think you are all lovely but just don't want to be criticised as I'm new to all this and would love to make good friends on here

I wasn't trying to criticise kirsty.

I was asking as your info was different from what you had saie in a previous Thread. I wasn't aware of any situation change as last you said you were off to take them to a rescue.

I wanted to try and help as I have just done my first bonding so know how scary it can be.

Hope all works out for your buns as I'm sure you do also.

Sorry.

First time bonding is a very nerve wracking experience. I did it only a couple of months ago and I was a nervouse wreck.
Good luck and I hope things go realy well for you and your bunn`s.:wave:

Back