• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Honey With Sandy & Sooty

CHH

Warren Scout
First thing on Saturday morning we'll be trying to get Sooty (f) and Sandy (m).......

DSCN4235%20-%20Copy%20(2).JPG

.........to let Honey (m) in on their patch............

DSCN5014%20-%20Copy.JPG

Fingers crossed!!

Looking good :)
Honey looks abit more scared than the other 2 so it might be fear thats causing him to nip Sooty.
No proper fighting though which is great. I recently started bonding my single msle to my bonded couple and my boys just go for eachother :shock:
Wish theyd behave as well as yours!
Good luck :wave:

Honey is definitely more wary, though he's had bad experiences trying to bond with Sooty's evil twin! There's no aggression at all between the two boys.

So far........

Quick question that hopefully some can answer for me.

They're in a small dog cage just now and we have a larger dog cage that we'd like to move them to. There's plenty of room in the bigger one for them to lie flat while there's a toilet in there with them.

How long should I leave it before swapping them into it?

I have some pics from today that will be posted up later. Need to get them online first!

Last edited:
Janice says only increase the space after 48 hours of no issues.

I broke the rules and doubled the space after a couple of hours with my trio for the exact reasons you are mentioning, but felt I had to take the risk. It worked for mine, but for some bunnies it could easily kick things off.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep them where they are for now then. It seems to be going well so far and I don't want to take any chances.

Their cage will be beside the bed tonight so any trouble can be nipped in the bud. I wonder how many times they'll waken us up :shock:

Hopeflly not at all. Mine didn't wake me up once last night. I hope you have a nice peaceful night with no drama :)

They had a peaceful night thankfully. I didn't though! Their cage was in the bedroom with us and I heard every drink of water and every foot thump.

Quick question about what's been going on with them..........

Sandy (oldest and biggest male) has been humping both of them. He's also sticking his head under Honey's (younger male) chin. It looks like he's expecting an ear lick.

I'm a wee bit confused as I'd have thought that the humping was him asserting his dominance, but putting his head under Honey was him being submissive.

Who's confused? Him or me :lol:

You :lol:

Putting his head under for a groom is dominance. The submissive one grooms, licks and looks after the dominant one. Sort of like the Queen has servants who tend to her an her needs, she doesn't tend to them. Not sure why I used the Queen as an example of dominance but it came to my head first. :lol:

That all makes perfect sense what you're saying. Sandy wants to be boss. If he is humping a lot you need to check and make sure his little boy bit is not getting sore because if they are humping a lot they can do themselves some damage.

Glad they had a good night, shame you didn't though. Hopefully tonight you will :)

Brilliant, thanks.

He isn't humping a lot really and it's mostly Sooty (female) he picks on!

Back