• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another day another poo question..

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Tried the bunkids on coriander today, and Lucy and Zero have done some slightly soft poos. The same colour and shape as normal just soft when I squidge them :mrgreen: Do you think it's just because the coriander hasn't agreed with them?

Tried the bunkids on coriander today, and Lucy and Zero have done some slightly soft poos. The same colour and shape as normal just soft when I squidge them :mrgreen: Do you think it's just because the coriander hasn't agreed with them?

You really are a bit gross ... says she resolving to make a point of squidging some of Spenser's poos tomorrow. :mrgreen::mrgreen: You know more about bunnies than me, but I would think it quite possible that the coriander has had an effect - bunnies have such delicate insides, don't they?

The last time I tried Spenser with a new herb it was basil, and he objected so strongly that he wouldn't eat ANYTHING from his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves.

You really are a bit gross ... says she resolving to make a point of squidging some of Spenser's poos tomorrow. :mrgreen::mrgreen: You know more about bunnies than me, but I would think it quite possible that the coriander has had an effect - bunnies have such delicate insides, don't they?

The last time I tried Spenser with a new herb it was basil, and he objected so strongly that he wouldn't eat ANYTHING from his bowl until I had removed the offending leaves.

:lol::lol: squidging bunny poo is not gross it's very important :no: I'm pretty sure it's the coriander just want some reassurance I do like to worry about them

Have they tried it before? If not, could it be that its a new food for them so their tums just have to get used to it?

Im not really sure as Im not that great with bun health but thats what I would think if the same happen to Ogs :D

Have they tried it before? If not, could it be that its a new food for them so their tums just have to get used to it?

Im not really sure as Im not that great with bun health but thats what I would think if the same happen to Ogs :D

No it was their first try :)

:lol::lol: squidging bunny poo is not gross it's very important :no: I'm pretty sure it's the coriander just want some reassurance I do like to worry about them

And I am told that I know too much about bunnies. :shock: I have only read that poo should be monitored, not that they should be squidged. :oops:

And I am told that I know too much about bunnies. :shock: I have only read that poo should be monitored, not that they should be squidged. :oops:

Well how else will you know the consistency? :roll::lol: maybe it's just me I am a crazy bunny lady

How about a poll? :lol:

-Do you check your bunny's poos daily?
-Do you count them? (I'm not numerate enough to cope with Spenser's output.)
-Do you squidge them?

Seriously, it's a perfectly valid point - I just assumed that poos that looked firm were. I've since found out that the ones I worried about in the past were probably excess caecotrophs in the days when Spenser ate even less hay than he does now. It's all a big learning curve, this bunny business.

-Do you squidge them?

Seriously, it's a perfectly valid point - I just assumed that poos that looked firm were. I've since found out that the ones I worried about in the past were probably excess caecotrophs in the days when Spenser ate even less hay than he does now. It's all a big learning curve, this bunny business.

Ooh - now that would be an interesting poll :thumb:

-Do you squidge them?

I bet Blackberry's a poo squidger :p I don't count them there are too many to count! But I would be worried if there were so few I could count them so I guess I have a rough idea!!

I bet Blackberry's a poo squidger :p I don't count them there are too many to count! But I would be worried if there were so few I could count them so I guess I have a rough idea!!

I count the ones Spenser does in rogue places. There were 19 in the living room of his hutch this morning, and last week there were 23 on his chill and chew mat two morings in a row.

Sometimes Lola does smaller than usual ones and I squish them to make sure they're not hard!! If they're big and golden I dont tent to squish them (except occationally - just for enjoyment :oops:) Heh!! Check me out on RU on a Sat Morning!!!

Round and formed just damper is fine - more like a warning dropping :):wave:
These are the waste droppings still so not really an accurate indication of caecal response to the coriander and if they occur without discarded caecs then all is fine, just build up the new things slowly.
Do wash any fresh herbs (most supermarkets wash with chlorine solution before packaging and chlorine is a disinfectant as you know - so will disrupt caecal bacteria in itself).

Round and formed just damper is fine - more like a warning dropping :):wave:
These are the waste droppings still so not really an accurate indication of caecal response to the coriander and if they occur without discarded caecs then all is fine, just build up the new things slowly.
Do wash any fresh herbs (most supermarkets wash with chlorine solution before packaging and chlorine is a disinfectant as you know - so will disrupt caecal bacteria in itself).

Thank you for the reassurance :):wave: they have been fine since.
I wash all their veg obsessively :oops: I like to give them it dripping wet as well so I know that they're hydrated :)

Thank you for the reassurance :):wave: they have been fine since.
I wash all their veg obsessively :oops: I like to give them it dripping wet as well so I know that they're hydrated :)

I tried Spenser with a brussels sprout last night, but it was still there this morning so no chance of it upsetting his poos. :roll::roll:

I tried Spenser with a brussels sprout last night, but it was still there this morning so no chance of it upsetting his poos. :roll::roll:

Aww bless your little Spenser :lol: he needs to come and spend some time with my eating machines. Their rule is eat first and ask questions later - I don't think I've ever put anything in for them they haven't eaten, even if it's non-edible :roll::lol: Only problem is if he came to stay here I wouldn't give him back :lol:

Back