• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wet Face? U/D Twinkle had dental today p16

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Twinkle appears to have wet fur to the side and below her mouth on one side... there is no wetness above the mouth/coming from the eyes and I cant see any problems - she is eating very well and very lively.

Could she just of dunked her head too far into the water bowl? I cant see any obvious medical problems and I couldnt find anything by searching for "wet face" on the search facility.

I noticed it yesterday but thought she had just got wet from the water bowl, but it is still wet today (although it is not hot so probably not of dried from yesterday?)

Any ideas?

Last edited:
That sounds like classic drooling. I think she needs a dental check for spurs.

I have just rung vets and Mark, the bunny expert is not in tomorrow so I can either see someone else tomorrow or wait till Monday.. not sure what is the best to do?

I have just rung vets and Mark, the bunny expert is not in tomorrow so I can either see someone else tomorrow or wait till Monday.. not sure what is the best to do?

I would say get seen tomorrow so you can, at the very least, get some Metacam.

I would say get seen tomorrow so you can, at the very least, get some Metacam.

Thanks for the advice. I am going at 9.50am.. I have metacam here but wont give her any as she doesnt appear to be in pain as she is eating and is very lively.

With mine, the second I see any problems I give Metacam, even if they are still eating, to try and prevent any problems arising, and smooth over what's going on. But obviously its your call and you can only give it under the direction of your vet :)

Good luck for tomorrow :)

With mine, the second I see any problems I give Metacam, even if they are still eating, to try and prevent any problems arising, and smooth over what's going on. But obviously its your call and you can only give it under the direction of your vet :)

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Do you think I should give her some then? I have some here from before as she was really ill in the summer.

Do you think I should give her some then? I have some here from before as she was really ill in the summer.

I always do, because that's what my vet tells me to do. Its hard for me to tell you to do the same though. All I can say is that, from what you say, I would give a bunny of mine Metacam in this situation.

I always do, because that's what my vet tells me to do. Its hard for me to tell you to do the same though. All I can say is that, from what you say, I would give a bunny of mine Metacam in this situation.

I understand it is hard for you to say, and that you would in your situation. That is fair. I will make my decision - thank you for all your assistance.

I understand it is hard for you to say, and that you would in your situation. That is fair. I will make my decision - thank you for all your assistance.

Sorry. I would just hate to say give it and then someone happen to your bunny because of it. In your situation I could understand giving it now and giving it only when you've seen the vet. Whatever you decide will be fine :)

Sorry. I would just hate to say give it and then someone happen to your bunny because of it. In your situation I could understand giving it now and giving it only when you've seen the vet. Whatever you decide will be fine :)

I have just given her some :D It is completely my decision and won't blame you for anything!

I hate to think of her suffering after all she went through in the summer.

I have just given her some :D It is completely my decision and won't blame you for anything!

I hate to think of her suffering after all she went through in the summer.

:) :thumb: She's lucky to be looked after by someone who cares as much for her as you do :)

(Don't forget to tell the vet tomorrow).

Glad her dental went OK:D How long ago was her last one?

Were you at Trinity on Saturday? I seem to recognise one of your buns:oops:

Last edited:
Back