• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little miss know-it-all strikes again

lydz

Alpha Buck
My dad has always called me Little Miss Know-it-all and i finally have to admit he's right.:)

I wanted a rabbit and I always research thoroughly anything that is gong to be part of my life (from home appliances, to universities, to chiahuahuas, horses, etc etc) and thats how i found you guys.

I have placed a deposit on a baby bunny from a breeder - so cute! I did this thinking i would know what i was getting, get to see the parents and the conditions the breeder kept them in.

But i have realised i've been really really selfish and I should without a doubt rescue - I've even seen a bun which has had an awful start who i absolutely love. I feel this rabbit (and any rabbit) deserves a second chance of a loving home and i would love spending time with this bun, getting to know each other and building up trust.

You guys were right! Very right and im sorry i thought i knew better than all you experienced people. :oops:

I agree with Chul sort of. If the breeder is a responsible breeder, and you've already put in a deposit, you could get both and bond them after their ops! Of course if you don't trust the breeder you could always just rescue a second. This is of course assuming you can afford two. Not everyone can.

Do whatever you think is right. I bought one of my rabbits from the shelter, adn my newest is from a breeder, simply because in Canada in my town there are no bunnies at the shelter and I wanted a purebred to show with. Both my rescue and breeder bun are amazing, but don't feel bad if you do buy from a breeder, know that you could also be saving it in a way from going to a inexperienced owner.

:wave: Seeing as you've already put down a deposit and seeing their a good breeder I wouldn't worry to much. Preferably if you decide to get him/her a companion after the op a rescue would be ideal, they might even help with the bonding.

Thanks guys you are all so nice :D

Do you think its realistic that I could bond them? Obviously a rescue would be spayed already and I would get the baby spayed when old enough - would I need to wait to bond them after the spay or is it possible to bond straight away?

I think we need some pictures of your potential new friend(s).

Here's the baby bun:
Bunny-2weeksold.jpg

She has brown in her ears and on her tummy :love:

Thanks guys you are all so nice :D

Do you think its realistic that I could bond them? Obviously a rescue would be spayed already and I would get the baby spayed when old enough - would I need to wait to bond them after the spay or is it possible to bond straight away?

You could get the baby neutered/spayed and then bond when recovered.

The baby is a super cutie black otter. :love:

I think it depends on the rescue bun. Some adult buns love baby buns, others tolerate them, and some bully them. Is the baby a boy? It's easier to bond a baby boy to an adult girl-as you can put them back together straight after his op more or less. A female would need very careful re-introduction as she'll have had a major op and will have stitches to consider. :)

The baby bun is a girl. Just found out rescue bun is going to new home which is great news for her :D and it makes my decision for me - get baby bun then when spayed look for rescue bun to bond with her.

Back