• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to keep Loto happy???

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
Hi I need help!!

I hate to think of Loto being fed up and bored. As much as I love laying on the floor with him giving him massages and nose rubs I need to get on with other mum things. He has toys and tunnels the run of upstairs with the exception of my daughters room, but he always makes me feel mean when I go downstairs. I hate looking back because he is always at the top on his own. :cry::cry:

That's unusual. I've got a single rabbit, but bunnies are usually best with company of their own kind. Had he been unsuccessfully bonded before he came to you?

He is blind and although the rescue tried to bond him it didn't work. I have two other buns as well and it is lovely to see them together, it's a shame he has to miss out in that way. I would hate it if I did try to bond him and they fought, I am very protective over him.:love:

It is possible to bond blind rabbits, its just a case of finding the right rabbit, and using the right method, so don't rule it out completely.

You could probably stimulate him nicely hiding food and stuff all around because his sense of smell will be veyr well developed.

Thanks Sky-O I have tried that and it does work for a while. It's getting to the stage now where I avoid going up stairs because I can't bear coming down and leaving him. When I do spend hours up there I feel bad for not being downstairs do my chores :lol: I will have to get up earlier in the morning and do everything before the school run ...... hold on that won't work it will be more hours in the day to feel guilty about. :?:lol:

Try not to feel guilty. You're doing your best for him. :) Just keep experimenting with different things. I've no experience with indoor buns, but I've seen buns on here pictured with teddies and cushions. What size of rabbit is Loto?

just to say Lotto is not completely blind but has extremely poor sight...he showed signs of being rabbit aggressive which could be due to his sight probs..so we rehomed him as a solo housebunny

just to say Lotto is not completely blind but has extremely poor sight...he showed signs of being rabbit aggressive which could be due to his sight probs..so we rehomed him as a solo housebunny

Thanks Jill. Didn't know he was a honeybunny, but having additional info like that is always useful :)

I have just been to see new neighbours they have lots of boxes so I'm going to make an adventure playground for him with different treats and bits inside. :) The children have a week off now so at least they will be up there with him.:)
Mind you he will probably be wishing he was on his own:lol:

I have just been to see new neighbours they have lots of boxes so I'm going to make an adventure playground for him with different treats and bits inside. :) The children have a week off now so at least they will be up there with him.:)
Mind you he will probably be wishing he was on his own:lol:

Cardboard boxes usually go down well! :D I cut holes in them so that Spenser can escape easily when I want to catch him. He spent a lot of time in his cardboard box in the summer when it was too hot for him. There is a thread in stories and photos of two bunnies enjoying a huge cardboard box - have you seen it?

Spenser says hello, and hopes that Loto enjoys his boxes. Spenser has two types - the wine box pictured on the other thread and this type:

P6040348.jpg

Ahhhh Spencer! What a lovely adorable fluffy bun he is soooooooo gorgeous! :love: Lottos is going to love this playground :D I'm already planning it in my head and can't wait for the boxes to arrive, I've noticed (nosey) they have BIG one which I'm going to build up a bit inside and cut windows. No doubt Lotts (if he is anything like Tia and Bracken) will add some of his own :lol:

aaaah Loto!:love::love::love:I adore this little chap & its just wonderful he has you & you care so much for him! Bless him - he's prob. wondering what you up to if he can hear you but is batlting to see you properly...a box maze will be a wonderful adventure for him....I guess all you can do is make sure you spend often & small amounts loving him! Obvioulsy if you can spend hours then its even better....bless you - Ive just got this little image of his little face peeping down the stairs wondering where everyone has gone!:( BUT dont feel bad...he is obvioulsy loving the attention you are devoting to him if he lies there for noserubs & a fuss!:love:

Does he have a run area? or is he just free range?

:love::love::love:

Aww bless you, Lotto has a wonderful home with you :D:D I do know what you mean though - my two foster buns often give me the "sad eyes" when I leave them and so now I have to make sure they're muching on something when I go out :roll::lol: I have the same problem with the ponies. You would think they've never been fed the way they look at me :roll:

I gave Paw-paw a cardboard box to sit in inside her hutch - she made her own hole in the side, I didn't need to cut one out for her! :lol:

aaaah Loto!:love::love::love:I adore this little chap & its just wonderful he has you & you care so much for him! Bless him - he's prob. wondering what you up to if he can hear you but is batlting to see you properly...a box maze will be a wonderful adventure for him....I guess all you can do is make sure you spend often & small amounts loving him! Obvioulsy if you can spend hours then its even better....bless you - Ive just got this little image of his little face peeping down the stairs wondering where everyone has gone!:( BUT dont feel bad...he is obvioulsy loving the attention you are devoting to him if he lies there for noserubs & a fuss!:love:

Does he have a run area? or is he just free range?

:love::love::love:

Thank you for the lovely comments they have done the trick I've been feeling really down the last day or so. He is free range and loves to hide in drawers!
He is just so adorable!
:love:

Back