• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for my darlings going in for there mixi jabs today please :)

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I'm taking Ama, lily and lucy , shadow and stripe, and finally ares in for mixi jabs. Shadow is going to have routine dental and I'm going to get all there teeth checked at the same time,make sure they have no problems.

Anyways, would appreciate lots of vibes for my little ones this morning. I know it's routine, but the girls are abit under the weather at the moment.

Thankyou xx

Thanks just got back. The vet said all their teeth are fine, except shadow who had them trimmed down.

The vet said that lucy had a funny eye lid which may be causing the problem with her eyes running slightly. Said the runny eyes could be due to tear ducts been full, but didn't suggest going under anesthetic to have them flushed. Not sure why. It's abit of a mission trying to chat and get 6 mixi jabs done at once.

I told him they were sneezing abit, but he didn't really say very much about this, seemed to think breathing was okay etc no problems.

So all the vaccinations are upto date now until april. My vet shocked me abit when he said that my buns don't need VHD, it's not as bad as mixi, they can survive it without being vaccinated or something along those lines. Is that true anyone? I thought VHD killed outright and unvaccinated buns didn't have a chance?

Anyways i'll be doing them regardless.
Back in next wednesday for my last 3 buns to be neutered, ama , lily and lucy. Just ordered them an indoor cage as a recovery area. I hope they will be okay going back outside after staying in a week with me.

Just one more bun who is unneutered- adonia, but she has snuffles, so i'm not going to bother doing her as i don't want to risk her not getting through the anesthetic.

Thankyou for the vibes , really appreciate it xxxxxx

VHD is a must, as long as the buns are healthy:shock:

Do I remember rightly that you are the one who is moving soon and will be getting a more rabbit savvy vet? Sorry if I have confused you with someone else:oops: if I haven't then I urge you to wait to get them neutered, as your vet doesn't sound rabbit savvy at all:? Sneezing is a sign of an ill bun and AFAIK that eye sound like it needs some attention too:? Did they do the 10% in the base of the ear for the mixi jab?

Tulip is a snuffle bun and she has been spayed. To quote my vet, "What is the point of getting her better, just for her to develop cancer later?"

I dont know where you live but here in Kent I would say it is too cold to keep them indoors now, maybe wrong though:?

Good grief, what a negative post I have just made, sorry:oops:

Glad they all seem OK:)

VHD is a must, as long as the buns are healthy:shock:

Do I remember rightly that you are the one who is moving soon and will be getting a more rabbit savvy vet? Sorry if I have confused you with someone else:oops: if I haven't then I urge you to wait to get them neutered, as your vet doesn't sound rabbit savvy at all:? Sneezing is a sign of an ill bun and AFAIK that eye sound like it needs some attention too:? Did they do the 10% in the base of the ear for the mixi jab?

Tulip is a snuffle bun and she has been spayed. To quote my vet, "What is the point of getting her better, just for her to develop cancer later?"

I dont know where you live but here in Kent I would say it is too cold to keep them indoors now, maybe wrong though:?

Good grief, what a negative post I have just made, sorry:oops:

Glad they all seem OK:)

Yes i move in on the 30th. He did the mixi jab in the buns back, well the side of it. I may get adonia done, i just think they would struggle with her under anesthetic because of her breathing.

The girls i'm having spayed, i'd definately rather keep in a short while. Maybe 3 days would be better. I don't think 24 hours is enough with girls. My lot are quite boisterous too, so i wouldn't want them to open their wounds.

Not negative just helpful.

Thanks alot xx

Back