• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best not to 'bring them in at night', right?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
If you have outdoor buns, its best not to bring tbem in every night, isnt it? The dramatic change in temp daily isnt healthy for them, is it?? Answers anyone? Thank you :wave:

Personally I would not bring them in to a heated house. An unheated conservatory or something similar would be OK.

I do it. But don't use the heating on and have the kitchen door open the whole time they are in, they play in the kitchen so. I think our house is colder than outside sometimes!

I alternate playing in the house and playing in the garden each night so they get to do both

You need a shed! a shed with a nice comfy chair, a heater and a light. Worth its weight in gold on the dark winter evenings.

It would be like you spending the night in warmth and cosiness, then being kicked outside in the morning for the day without your coat on!:D

I used to bring mine indoors in the summer when the temps indoors/outdoors were the same.
Now its got colder I chuck on my coat and sit with them in the shed, as my house is to warm, and thier coats are getting to thick for the heat indoors I think. But I to appreciate any advice.:)

I remember I did this for a little while, at a point in the year where the temperature outside was quite warm during the day in the sun (kind of house temperature), and then plummeting at night. It was only appropriate for a short amount of time though, and my garden is an absolute sun trap. When it got a bit colder than that was the point where mine became house bunnies (for health reasons).

You need a shed! a shed with a nice comfy chair, a heater and a light. Worth its weight in gold on the dark winter evenings.

Its not for me, mine are indoor buns, I just saw some advice saying 'bring them in at night' and didnt really agree with it......YES, have a shed or simular building, or cover their hutches with fleeces and tar paulins, right?

I need to buy new bunny clothes for the winter. Unfortunately I HATE spending money on clothes, and I don't suppose cheap fleeces from Tesco are the warmest.

Back