• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ooh an alternative to fibreplex!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i was searching for best panacur wormer for the kittens and probiotics for their tums as we have had them since saturday and theyll be 8 weeks old on sunday.

i have always sworn by fibreplex for buns with slowed up tums as an extra to metaclopramide. I had no idea burgess excel had bought their own version out!!

i cant seem to find much on it though to compare it to fibreplex....and value for money...mind you the amount of duff tubes of fibreplex weve had weve stopped stocking up with it.

has anyone used this other version at all?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-suppl...-649_197/fibrevore-recovery-paste-30ml-p-4702

How interesting. :) I've had a lot of trouble with Fibreplex tubes too - can never seem to get the bloomin' stuff out. Shame it doesn't have the ingredients listed on the site.

Yes fibreplex is impossible to administer, you have to squeeze really hard and when it comes out it comes out too slowly, the rabbit has flinched by the time it comes out!

If this one is easier to administer I will have to get some. It's quite expensive though and although you get twice as much as the firbreplex I'm not sure if you have to use more of it.
The syringe is 30ml and will administer approximately 6 servings over two days meaning owners can take it away with them to allow the care regime to continue when the pet is at home. It is still important to offer the fibrevore their usual food such as Excel Herbage and Forage and Excel nuggets alongside the recovery paste so that they have the option to eat normally as well. Each 30ml syringe is packed into an inner carton. There are six inner cartons in a display box and six display boxes into a case for transport.

You have kittens:love: It MUST be time for you to have another Auntie Karen visit. Bertie needs a stroke - and the kittens must need a cuddle:)

I have some here. I wouldn't say it is the same as fibreplex, more like a cross between fibreplex and critical care or science recovery. It doesn't contain any probiotic though.

This is what it says on the box:
Fibrevores are fragile and complicated in their physiological needs. Diet plays an important role in their health and wellbeing and this is magnified when these pets are under physical stress. Commonly after illness, surgery or in cases of poor health fibrevores can be unable or unwilling to eat. Without fibre in their digestive systems, the health of these pets will quickly deteriorate as the digestive system slows down due to the reduced flow of food. Excel Fibrevore Recovery Paste is a ready to use food that can be administered easily and quickly to help maintain the digestive system and supply high quality nutrients to the pet.

• High in Beneficial Fibre to get the digestive system moving again.
  • Suitable for Guinea Pigs & Chinchillas as well since it contains Vitamin C.
  • Contains scFOS Prebiotic to help feed the friendly bacteria and to maintain & support gut flora levels.
  • Simple and complex carbohydrates supply immediate low level energy to invigorate the recovering pet.
  • Natural antioxidant protection to help support the immune system.
  • Delicious aniseed flavour to encourage the pet to eat and stimulate appetite.
  • Added vitamins and minerals to help aid recovery and health during or after stressful situations.

Ingredients:

Medium chain triglyceride, dried grass, prebiotic (Profeed), dextrose monohydrate, preservative, aniseed fenugreek, antioxidant.

Analysis: fibre 8%, protein 3.3%, oil 68%, ash 6.4%.

It is only 8% fibre but it says to feed 5ml, 3 times a day which is equivalent to the amount of fibre provided by 2ml of fibreplex given 3 times a day. My buns like the taste of it and it comes out of the syringe quite easily but there are no measurements on the syringe so you can't tell how much you have given them :? At least there wasn't on the one I got.
If you find critical care or science recovery quite messy and difficult to syringe then I think this one is worth a try because it is ready to use and easy to get out of the syringe. Otherwise the only use I can see for it is for weak buns, to help give them a bit of energy and extra nutrients.

ooh thank you for that:wave:

mmm will have to try keep some in the medicine cabinet:wave:

cooey aunty karen.......bertie says if hes too sleepy for a cuddle merlin loves cuddles...and hes well fluffy!

yes we have kittys...will have had them a week tomorrow. we were only having one...but we ended up with two:oops:

if anyone has had any experience with this stuff id love to hear.

fibreplex tubes were fine..but we seem to get a dodgy one for every good tube:?

Back