• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed, my bunny's a little ****!

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all, just need a bit of advice, my bunny Wilm has turned into an absolute terror over the past couple of weeks, from being a contented, happy little thing he now chews, constantly rattles his barrier bars (he's free range in the kitchen but fenced off) constantly begs for more and more food, jumps on the kitchen table and generally causes mischief! He's always been lively but never like this! :roll: Any ideas what might help?? He has lots of toys etc and gets loads of attention!

Is he neutered? behaviour like chewing constantly, rattling his barrier bars is boredom I think. begging for more food is usual bunny behaviour-he may need lots more hay this will help both need for food and being bored. jumping on the kitchen table and generally causing mischief could mainly be his was of amusing himself. They do like to climb and play. He may need a playmate :) some buns do act like spoilt children-they quickly learn to get their own way :)

Sounds like he needs more attention..... if you cant give it yourself.... than he needs a friend. Rimmi became a right pain before we got Win..... not rattling or anything, but started peeing on the sofa, hopping on us constantly, and even nipping! He just wanted more from us.... now he has plenty of attention off his woman, lol!

I suspect a friend might help greatly, and also, if he isn't neutered, then neutering should help.

Did this behaviour coincide with ay change in his world? or yours?

He was neutered 3 years ago, he is now almost 5 years old and has always had a friend. He adores his current wifey bun and they have a constant source of hay that they munch constantly. They have lots of toys and my OH and I give them attention whenever we are in, they come in the living room with us. It's baffling me! :roll:

He was checked about a month ago with no problems, he's eating, pooping, grooming, acting completely normally except this bout of naughtiness! I'll probably take him on Monday if he's not better. I was wondering if he had worms or something?!

I suspect a friend might help greatly, and also, if he isn't neutered, then neutering should help.

Did this behaviour coincide with ay change in his world? or yours?

There's been no change, we have a cat but she's been with us 18 months and loves the buns.

Back