• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Run Tomorrow :O

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I ordered a large dog pen off of eBay yestoday and it is due to arrive tomorrow morning! Looks pretty much like this one :D ...

http://www.chrisbookarama.com/2010/09/review-csn-stores.html

Its black, rabbit safe, has 8 panels measuring 63cm long, 91cm high each! It also has a walk in door with two locks so I don't have to climb in or out of it anymore!

This pen will replace my wooden run :) Each end of the pen will attach to my hutch so in theory it should be 4ft x 6-8ft depending on how far the panels go down the side of the hutch..also my run extends under the hutch too. WEEEEEEEEH! So excited! I can't wait to get in there and rip apart the wooden run! This new run will be put into the ground and made into a perminant fixture so he can free rage when ever he likes! I SOOOOO can't wait!

Does anyone have any photos of their runs? Would love to see :D:D:D

Looks a lot better than mine - I'll see if I can add a photo. :wave:

P5110343.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. I think it's had some bad press recently, the door is certainly rubbish. I don't use the cover much now, but he is rarely unattended when out. I'm working on my parents to see if I can get him a slabbed run.

I looked at them online but they seemed more expensive than the dog ones, and aren't as tall :S So I opted for the dog one :) Well the run he currently has is totally slabbed :) and will be once it is replaced with this metal one :) I think it is better. Easier to clean, also keeps their nails worn down nicely :) Plus no cats or foxes can dig into it ;)

I looked at them online but they seemed more expensive than the dog ones, and aren't as tall :S So I opted for the dog one :) Well the run he currently has is totally slabbed :) and will be once it is replaced with this metal one :) I think it is better. Easier to clean, also keeps their nails worn down nicely :) Plus no cats or foxes can dig into it ;)

All true - Spenser is my first rabbit, so I'm still on a learning curve. :)

Your learning faster than me! Does Thumper live outside?

He does indeedy! A little over a month ago he was living indoors at PAH and then I brought him outdoors...as soon as I did that the weather got :censored:. Luckily hes got a lovely thick coat coming on and is as lively as anything! I so chuffed :) He's been a great first rabbit so far :)

How long have you had Spencer for?

He does indeedy! A little over a month ago he was living indoors at PAH and then I brought him outdoors...as soon as I did that the weather got :censored:. Luckily hes got a lovely thick coat coming on and is as lively as anything! I so chuffed :) He's been a great first rabbit so far :)

How long have you had Spencer for?

I rehomed Spenser in April, when he was about 7 months old, so he is not just over a year old.

Awhhh bless her, thats rotten :( (her past) lol

Some people have no idea :x:x

I know! :cry: It was my Aunty as well! :? I knew she had rabbits because she used to breed :roll: but then she got her dogs and bye bye rabbits! :( Went up to her house one day and went into the garden that's where I saw the 2 neglected bunnies in the shed. :( Sadly one passed away a few weeks later (the one my aunty said she liked :? ) Then she had "evil" bunny left! :shock: I offered to take her and she is not evil at all, the most friendly rabbit ever! :love: I may have to re-home her though because her and my other dutch bunny wont bond! :cry:

I know! :cry: It was my Aunty as well! :? I knew she had rabbits because she used to breed :roll: but then she got her dogs and bye bye rabbits! :( Went up to her house one day and went into the garden that's where I saw the 2 neglected bunnies in the shed. :( Sadly one passed away a few weeks later (the one my aunty said she liked :? ) Then she had "evil" bunny left! :shock: I offered to take her and she is not evil at all, the most friendly rabbit ever! :love: I may have to re-home her though because her and my other dutch bunny wont bond! :cry:

Oh no bless them :shock: Does your rescuee not like other rabbits then? I'm looking for a female bunny soon myself actually :) Thumper needs his "special" trip to the vets yet though ;)

Back