PDA

View Full Version : New Run Tomorrow :O

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 09:50 PM
I ordered a large dog pen off of eBay yestoday and it is due to arrive tomorrow morning! Looks pretty much like this one :D ...

http://www.chrisbookarama.com/2010/09/review-csn-stores.html

Its black, rabbit safe, has 8 panels measuring 63cm long, 91cm high each! It also has a walk in door with two locks so I don't have to climb in or out of it anymore!

This pen will replace my wooden run :) Each end of the pen will attach to my hutch so in theory it should be 4ft x 6-8ft depending on how far the panels go down the side of the hutch..also my run extends under the hutch too. WEEEEEEEEH! So excited! I can't wait to get in there and rip apart the wooden run! This new run will be put into the ground and made into a perminant fixture so he can free rage when ever he likes! I SOOOOO can't wait!

Does anyone have any photos of their runs? Would love to see :D:D:D

susie bun
21-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks a lot better than mine - I'll see if I can add a photo. :wave:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/susiebun_2010/Spenser%202010/P5110343.jpg

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Looks a lot better than mine - I'll see if I can add a photo. :wave:

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad261/susiebun_2010/Spenser%202010/P5110343.jpg

Is that the one by Trixie?

susie bun
21-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Yep. I think it's had some bad press recently, the door is certainly rubbish. I don't use the cover much now, but he is rarely unattended when out. I'm working on my parents to see if I can get him a slabbed run.

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I looked at them online but they seemed more expensive than the dog ones, and aren't as tall :S So I opted for the dog one :) Well the run he currently has is totally slabbed :) and will be once it is replaced with this metal one :) I think it is better. Easier to clean, also keeps their nails worn down nicely :) Plus no cats or foxes can dig into it ;)

susie bun
21-10-2010, 10:43 PM
I looked at them online but they seemed more expensive than the dog ones, and aren't as tall :S So I opted for the dog one :) Well the run he currently has is totally slabbed :) and will be once it is replaced with this metal one :) I think it is better. Easier to clean, also keeps their nails worn down nicely :) Plus no cats or foxes can dig into it ;)

All true - Spenser is my first rabbit, so I'm still on a learning curve. :)

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:47 PM
All true - Spenser is my first rabbit, so I'm still on a learning curve. :)

Ditto :D Only had my thumper a month :oops:

susie bun
21-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Ditto :D Only had my thumper a month :oops:

Your learning faster than me! Does Thumper live outside?

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
21-10-2010, 10:49 PM
:D This is my rabbit run! Starring Blossom, her 2nd day ever in a run after I rescued her from living in a small hutch for 3 years. :(

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz21/MischiefandTinkerbelle/DSCF6946.jpg

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:51 PM
:D This is my rabbit run!

Ooooh now I'm jealous! "Mother" doesn't want the run any bigger then it need to be because it encrouches on her "presious garden" *Huff and Sign*. I'd have an avery other wise! :lol:

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Your learning faster than me! Does Thumper live outside?

He does indeedy! A little over a month ago he was living indoors at PAH and then I brought him outdoors...as soon as I did that the weather got :censored:. Luckily hes got a lovely thick coat coming on and is as lively as anything! I so chuffed :) He's been a great first rabbit so far :)

How long have you had Spencer for?

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 10:56 PM
:D This is my rabbit run! Starring Blossom, her 2nd day ever in a run after I rescued her from living in a small hutch for 3 years. :(

Awhhh bless her, thats rotten :( (her past) lol

Some people have no idea :x:x

susie bun
21-10-2010, 10:57 PM
He does indeedy! A little over a month ago he was living indoors at PAH and then I brought him outdoors...as soon as I did that the weather got :censored:. Luckily hes got a lovely thick coat coming on and is as lively as anything! I so chuffed :) He's been a great first rabbit so far :)

How long have you had Spencer for?

I rehomed Spenser in April, when he was about 7 months old, so he is not just over a year old.

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Hes beautiful :D Any plans on getting him a friend or is he happy on his own? :)

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
21-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Awhhh bless her, thats rotten :( (her past) lol

Some people have no idea :x:x

I know! :cry: It was my Aunty as well! :? I knew she had rabbits because she used to breed :roll: but then she got her dogs and bye bye rabbits! :( Went up to her house one day and went into the garden that's where I saw the 2 neglected bunnies in the shed. :( Sadly one passed away a few weeks later (the one my aunty said she liked :? ) Then she had "evil" bunny left! :shock: I offered to take her and she is not evil at all, the most friendly rabbit ever! :love: I may have to re-home her though because her and my other dutch bunny wont bond! :cry:

LauryStevens
21-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I know! :cry: It was my Aunty as well! :? I knew she had rabbits because she used to breed :roll: but then she got her dogs and bye bye rabbits! :( Went up to her house one day and went into the garden that's where I saw the 2 neglected bunnies in the shed. :( Sadly one passed away a few weeks later (the one my aunty said she liked :? ) Then she had "evil" bunny left! :shock: I offered to take her and she is not evil at all, the most friendly rabbit ever! :love: I may have to re-home her though because her and my other dutch bunny wont bond! :cry:

Oh no bless them :shock: Does your rescuee not like other rabbits then? I'm looking for a female bunny soon myself actually :) Thumper needs his "special" trip to the vets yet though ;)