• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small Poos

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Somebun in the trio is doing smaller poos. They are still round and golden, just smaller and there are quite a few. All the poos used to be the same size :?. I have a strong suspicion it's Daphne but I'm not sure. How can I tell without splitting them? The last thing I want to do is stress the small-poo bunny out. And what should I do when I find out who's poos they are??

Even before working out whos poos they are, I would do everything possible to up the fibre and water intake and obviously monitor them all very closely, try and aim to try and find out what is causing the problem as this may only be a symtom of another problem.

• Soak any veg they get in water which will ensure that your rabbit remains as well hydrated as possible. Offer a bowl if they only have a bottle to encourage driking.
  • If they are normally good hay eaters increase the fibre intake by decresing the pellets that are given.
  • Remove anything that will stress the bunny and increase the likelihood of going into stasis.

Even before working out whos poos they are, I would do everything possible to up the fibre and water intake and obviously monitor them all very closely, try and aim to try and find out what is causing the problem as this may only be a symtom of another problem.

• Soak any veg they get in water which will ensure that your rabbit remains as well hydrated as possible. Offer a bowl if they only have a bottle to encourage driking.
  • If they are normally good hay eaters increase the fibre intake by decresing the pellets that are given.
  • Remove anything that will stress the bunny and increase the likelihood of going into stasis.

Thank you, I already soak their veg but will try a bowl. The problem is Daphne is very skinny so I sometimes slip her some extra pellets. Should I maybe stop doing this?

Yes but Daphne is skin and bones :( I kept ringing the vet with weigh-ins and he said her weight was fine but she is just so tiny and frail-looking.

Poor Daphne, and poor you - that would worry me.

I've heard you mention that she sometimes loses out at food time. When did she last have her teeth checked? I think if it was me I would make her an appointment just to be on the safe side.

Poor Daphne, and poor you - that would worry me.

I've heard you mention that she sometimes loses out at food time. When did she last have her teeth checked? I think if it was me I would make her an appointment just to be on the safe side.

I think I'm going to. My poor little girlie I can't help but worry about her :(

You said Daphne was skinny, do you think she's lost weight at all?

I'd go and get her checked out, for a bit of piece of mind, then at least if she is poorly, you can help.

Hope everybun starts giving you lovely big poops soon.

:wave:

You said Daphne was skinny, do you think she's lost weight at all?

I'd go and get her checked out, for a bit of piece of mind, then at least if she is poorly, you can help.

Hope everybun starts giving you lovely big poops soon.

:wave:

She was overweight when I got her so she has lost weight, I've rang the vet with weigh ins and he says her weight is fine but she feels skinny to me

Thank you :wave:

Susie bun - everybun is ok :) getting some squidgy poos from Lucy and Zero though

Susie bun - everybun is ok :) getting some squidgy poos from Lucy and Zero though

They do like to worry us. :roll: Maybe Lucy and Zero felt Daphne was getting too much attention. Spenser tends to save his squidgy ones for just before I am about to go out for more than a couple of hours ... :roll:

I wonder if buns react to the changing weather and light pattern: colder, wetter, darker etc.?

They do like to worry us. :roll: Maybe Lucy and Zero felt Daphne was getting too much attention. Spenser tends to save his squidgy ones for just before I am about to go out for more than a couple of hours ... :roll:

I wonder if buns react to the changing weather and light pattern: colder, wetter, darker etc.?

:lol: so true. I definitely think the changing weather affects them. I also tried them with some coriander so I think that might have been the culprit

Back