• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Price increase on Hay?

they did say it was there last bale :shock: i do get the soft meadow hay maybe that affects it too, its so lush though :love:

I paid £4.75 this time last year, tis £7 now. It's still cheaper than pet shops though!

Yup, there was a notice about it in the petshop where I get my hay.
I think it's cause this year has been relatively dry. Hope it picks up next year!

:lol: really?! Haha, all my horsey friends have been moaning about hay price increases for months! :lol:

Yes they are beautiful horses too! :love: we had to travel miles for it at one point because The Rabbit Retreat were more needy than my two :D

At least you can get some! I would happily pay £15 per bale if only i could blimming get some (I usually pay £7 per bale)

Yup, there was a notice about it in the petshop where I get my hay.
I think it's cause this year has been relatively dry. Hope it picks up next year!

My pet shop buys bales and bag it themselves. Its about £2 a bag and not all that tightly packed. I pay about £2.75 for a tightly bagged pack but thinking of switching to bales - just asked my veg man if he can get them! :lol:

Im paying about £6 for a bale at the moment.....is anyone stocking up for winter months? Just wondering if I should get an extra bale or 2?
They will stay fresh Im sure...would store in my shed....

Dont know what the usual story is in winter as this is my first winter with buns here.....so dont want to not be able to get hay?

:wave:

Ours has only increased by 50pfrom £3.50 to £4, but the bales are much smaller.

We used to be able to fit 5 bales in the car, but can now get 7 in:?

Back