• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food-time

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I have found a way to stop the lionheads' chasing at pellet time.

Teeny tiny hamster bowls for their pellets. £1 each from Wilkos.

_IGP0578-vi.jpg

_IGP0576-vi.jpg

It's been working perfectly. :thumb: Smudge gets slightly more cos he's bigger and eats quicker.

Oh - we found Lucky preferred his pellets out of one of these too - it was a heavy ceramic type one but i've packed it away because i bought bigger bowls with non slip bottoms so that Lucky and daisy will get their heads in together.

Dont they just dive into the same bowl though??
Mine all chase at food time, they eat well out of a bowl together but if I scatter or use smaller bowls they all go to the same place!!

Dont they just dive into the same bowl though??
Mine all chase at food time, they eat well out of a bowl together but if I scatter or use smaller bowls they all go to the same place!!

Nope. I put one bowl under Nutmeg's head and one under Smudge's and they are engrossed in them for the most part. I put them slightly away from each other so they aren't tempted to go nick pellets out of the other bowl.

My lions do love each other and rarely fight but Nutmeg is flighty and will run off which Smudge takes as a signal for chasing. This especially happens at pellet time. Greens time they're fine. It's very strange but this seems to be working.

Back