• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone else bonded on uneutural grounds

kirst25

Alpha Buck
Because like I've said I don't have an uneutral area and so Alford freerangin in the living room near sophies pen and everyone he goes past it she goes skits in her pen,not sure if it's excitement or fury :(

No its dangerous, you could shut them out of a room and deep clean it then leave it for a couple of days that would be more neutral.

I went to the rescue today to see Sophies future friend and she asked me to take him home today and I told her previously that I had no arrangement

How did you do that grace?I mean like a sleeping area for Alfie and haven't cleaned sophs area so doesn't smell of her..Alford not botherd about attacking hes just sniffing it's more soph as it's already her home

I think we can only suggest doing it on neutral territory because that's the safest way to do it.

With a couple of pairs of mine I have been able to quickly move onto unneutral territory, but only because I was reading the buns and knew what I was looking for. I ALWAYS start on neutral territory because that's the only correct way to do it and it shows you what you are seeing with your bunnies.

How did you do that grace?I mean like a sleeping area for Alfie and haven't cleaned sophs area so doesn't smell of her..Alford not botherd about attacking hes just sniffing it's more soph as it's already her home

I'm not sure it was sensible for her to let you take home a rabbit when you don't have a space for it to live, currently.

I think that needs to be your priority until you are in a position to bond them.

ETA- not sure if I understood correctly or not.

I already had gracie, then i took charlie in, i got them both neutered but allowed them both to sort of sniff and get to know each other through the bars etc, then one day we just let them be together supervised of course, then that was that bonded. xxx

I was thinking of letting them freerange together in the kitchen as they have not been in there would that be dangerous?x

I'm not sure it was sensible for her to let you take home a rabbit when you don't have a space for it to live, currently.

I think that needs to be your priority until you are in a position to bond them.

ETA- not sure if I understood correctly or not.

Completely agree, some people are lucky that their buns are happy on un-neutral territory but i see no point in risking it, its better to do things as safely as possible to avoid fights.

I was thinking of letting them freerange together in the kitchen as they have not been in there would that be dangerous?x

If its neutral then no, i would limit their space though so you can grab them quick if they do start to fight and control them a little better.

He now has a place to sleep..he is actually sleeping near sophies pen sprawled out,but got suitable sleeping area for when I go to bed etc..when Alfies no running or going past sophies cage she chills out

If its neutral then no, i would limit their space though so you can grab them quick if they do start to fight and control them better

They have never been in there before even when Sophie was on her own,it's not a big kitchen but enough room for excersice

If its neutral then no, i would limit their space though so you can grab them quick if they do start to fight and control them better

They have never been in there before even when Sophie was on her own,it's not a big kitchen but enough room for excersice

The space for a pair, recommended for bonding is 4ft by 2ft.

BEar in mind he has had a VERY unsettled day and I would wonder if its fair to get them to meet today.

Can put noses through but not very far

If they can put their noses through at all then chances are they are still at risk of a nasty bite, so I would suggest ensuring they can't get to each other at all. So maybe smaller mesh on the barrier, or something like a puppy pen around her area so that he can't get to her.

Yeh he's fine and he's just relaxing,hasn't really come near me as yet but just want him to stay away from soph tnyt,the lady said to let them see each other through the bars for 3-4 days and then put them together depending on how they've behaved

If they can put their noses through at all then chances are they are still at risk of a nasty bite, so I would suggest ensuring they can't get to each other at all. So maybe smaller mesh on the barrier, or something like a puppy pen around her area so that he can't get to her.

Yes I agree, Ive known someones bun die after being bitten through bars.

Back