• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where is Ginger Bun?/Does it ever get better?

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
I keep asking myself that. I need him so much. With his gorgeous little face, and his odd whiskers, and the way he'd come tearing out to meet me when I walked over to the shed. I just need to snuggle him close and smell his sweet, spicey ears, and tell him how much I love him. I haven't accepted his passing at all. I think Pickles has, because he's stopped looking for him. He's become depressed with no interest in anything. :cry:

Sorry, there's no point to this thread, I'm just feeling sad today is all.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, but I suppose it is understandable you feel this way. :( I'm sorry Pickles is depressed, but I think this is quite common in bereaved bunnies. Hopefully someone with experience will come along with some advice of how you could help Pickles pick up his interest in life. Perhaps you could try changing his surroundings slightly, not so much that he would be upset, but maybe just ading something new that he might at least have a sniff at.

God I feel for you so much :cry: I know that sickening feeling all too well from when I lost my Tilly. Kept thinking i could see her out of the corner of my eye and stuff :cry:

All i can say hun is that it does get easier and over time you will come to accept it. It alwaus hurts but the raw agony subsides and pictures produce a smile aswell as a tear.

I know how much it hurts and Im truly thinking of you xxxxxx

I am sending huge hugs to you (and Pickle), I know how difficult it must be.

Take care Hoppit, and know that we are all here for you xx

Aww, thanks for the hugs. It all feels so surreal. I keep calling Pickles 'Ginge' and find myself thinking for a split second that he IS Ginger, every time I look at him. I have this feeling that Ginger is just staying over at the vets or something, and that all I have to do is wait a few days and he'll be back here again. I keep wondering if I did the right thing too. I wish I could tell my brain to stop thinking this way.

More hugs. xx

How is Pickles doing now?

The poor baby is very quiet. I've tried setting up adventure playgrounds, scatter feeding and giving him his favourite treats, but he doesn't have any interest in them. He needs another dental which may be part of it.

I think he's become a bit closer to me though. He jumped on my bed in the middle of the night a couple of days ago, which he's never chosen to do before, and when I lay on the floor beside him just now he even settled down right by my head (he'd normally move away). Pickles is a rabbit's rabbit though, and I can't change that. He was the best bunny brother ever and pulled Ginger through more times than I can count. I just hope he knows that I'm not keeping Ginger from him.

God I can't stop crying. It's ridiculous that I'm still going on about it I know - everyone else loses someone, or somebun close to them. I'm really sorry that I'm dragging the mood down. :cry:

You don't need to be sorry! Ginger was a very special bunny, and it's only natural that you are missing him. :cry: It's good that you are doing your best to help Pickles cope, and observing changes in his behaviour.

I expect that because Ginger was so ill before you lost him it's probably hard for you to get away from those memories, but hopefully in time you'll get comfort from remembering happier times with your special boy.

Back