• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hay experts (hay recomendations)

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
just now my buns get dust free hay

but I been looking at all the diff types of hay on the hay experts, we are moving next week & will have alot more storage space, was thinking of getting the orchard grass :?, but can't decide on what size - 4kg or 11 kg, so anyone who gets this how much is each & how long does it last,

will also be buying some other types of hay for them too so any other hay recomendations will be very helpfull too :D

Taster pack from Hay Experts is good, but as you've got a lot of bunnies you might need to get two or three! Spenser had some samples from Animal Magic Pet Supplies this week, which I bought individually. These individual bags are bigger than the ones you get in the Hay Experts sample, so might be worth looking into.

Good news about the extra storage! :thumb:

Taster pack from Hay Experts is good, but as you've got a lot of bunnies you might need to get two or three! Spenser had some samples from Animal Magic Pet Supplies this week, which I bought individually. These individual bags are bigger than the ones you get in the Hay Experts sample, so might be worth looking into.

Good news about the extra storage! :thumb:

yeah its animal magic I get my hay from just now, so might order some sample pack from each & see what everyone likes :D,

but with my luck they will end up all liking diff hays :lol::roll:

ETA: yeah mom was telling me about it the bedrooms are double the size, as is the livingroom & kitchen, there is double the amount of cupboards, & the buns will have their own little like landing :?, its like a big cupboard with out a door,

I can't wait to move :D

Last edited:
yeah its animal magic I get my hay from just now, so might order some sample pack from each & see what everyone likes :D,

but with my luck they will end up all liking diff hays :lol::roll:

As long as you don't end up with my problems. Spenser seemed to favour Hay Experts oat hay, so I bought a bigger bag - and he went right off it! Turned into very expensive bedding hay. :roll::lol:

As long as you don't end up with my problems. Spenser seemed to favour Hay Experts oat hay, so I bought a bigger bag - and he went right off it! Turned into very expensive bedding hay. :roll::lol:

ohh mine tend to go off hay :roll:, which is why I'm always looking fro new types to keep them interested lol,

Hi,

I order the 4kg orchard grass for by buns and its easy to store (not too big bag i mean :))

My buns love this hay. They do have western timothy as well but arent as keen for that compared to the orchard grass :)

I get the large box of orchard grass for about £29.00 and it last a couple of months as it is only used as treat hay to fill their baskets. They have separate hay for their litter trays.

Hi,

I order the 4kg orchard grass for by buns and its easy to store (not too big bag i mean :))

My buns love this hay. They do have western timothy as well but arent as keen for that compared to the orchard grass :)

how long does that size last you ? & how many buns is it shared between :)?

I get the large box of orchard grass for about £29.00 and it last a couple of months as it is only used as treat hay to fill their baskets. They have separate hay for their litter trays.

this is the one I was thinkgin of getting, how long do you think it would last 11 buns ?

& would it be ok to for the chin/degu's too

this is the one I was thinkgin of getting, how long do you think it would last 11 buns ?

& would it be ok to for the chin/degu's too

Mine goes round 5 as Diego isn't fussed with it and I fill their willow baskets twice a day so I would guess it would only last about a month for 11

Mine goes round 5 as Diego isn't fussed with it and I fill their willow baskets twice a day so I would guess it would only last about a month for 11

hmmm thats quite good actually, as I use dust free & the hay from my local petshop as their main hay/bedding atm, then I could get the box of hay just for nomming, hmmm decisions decisions LOL

Have you tried mixing hays? At least it gives them the stimulation of picking out the bits they like. :roll::lol:

yeah this is what I'm thinking on doing, buy a few diff types mix it all up then feed them with the mixture :D, hmm *come on pay day get here quick :D*

yeah this is what I'm thinking on doing, buy a few diff types mix it all up then feed them with the mixture :D, hmm *come on pay day get here quick :D*

The one 'hay' Spenser always shows an interest in is readigrass. I sprinkle it on the other stuff like you would do with tomato sauce to get a kid to eat their tea! :roll::lol:

The one 'hay' Spenser always shows an interest in is readigrass. I sprinkle it on the other stuff like you would do with tomato sauce to get a kid to eat their tea! :roll::lol:

ohh yeah I've heard of that, might get some of that to try too :D, loll people never understand how complicated bunnies can be do they lol

Do not like to say this incase I jinx it but my two have eaten every type of hay given so far, they love everything I have brought from the hay experts.

Back