• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel bad

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
:( I was in a pet shop yesterday and heard a couple talking to one of the staff saying their rabbits had had babies. The woman asked how old they were, they said 10 months old, she said that was too old for them to take and sell. Then the rabbit owners said 'well there'll probably be more'. I so wish I'd gone over and talked to them about neutering etc but they looked really intimidating so I didn't. Poor bunnies :cry:

Argh its so frustrating when you hear something so innately wrong but cant do anything about it :censored:

Try not to dwell on it hun, go have a snuggle with your lovely buns and be comforted by how lucky they are :love:

Its so upsetting isn't it
I was at a pet shop and heard a mother :roll: talking to her daughter about G.pigs and she was saying 'we shouldn't get three as when they have babies...' i wanted to say something i couln't help thinking about the poor piggies inbreeding and the fact that there are already so many out there needing homes :(

Its so upsetting isn't it
I was at a pet shop and heard a mother :roll: talking to her daughter about G.pigs and she was saying 'we shouldn't get three as when they have babies...' i wanted to say something i couln't help thinking about the poor piggies inbreeding and the fact that there are already so many out there needing homes :(

:( there was a really aggressive drunk man talking to me on the bus a few months ago, telling me about his girlfriend's guinea pigs who just bred and bred and had babies with their babies so she was overrun with them. He was so casual about it

so many people are so casual i could cry! -i don't really suggest getting piggies spayed but if having a mixed pair defo always have the boys castrated. i'm always preaching at work about neutering but some people have such blinkered views about it

I have rufused to breed any of the animals i have had over the years cats, dogs, piggys, hedge hogs, bunnys. there are enough rescues in the world desperate for a home!!!!

so many people are so casual i could cry! -i don't really suggest getting piggies spayed but if having a mixed pair defo always have the boys castrated. i'm always preaching at work about neutering but some people have such blinkered views about it

Some people are just downright ignorant though. I'm getting Daisy, a girly friend for Lucky and soooo many people have said "Awwww - you'll have babies" - erm .. no. They cant understand why i wanted to pair Lucky up if babies wasnt a factor!!! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Back