• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diesel needs vibes today U/D Home again

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Diesel has been poorly for a while, hes got an abcess in a tooth socket where his incisors were removed , his nose is clogged with pus and one of his eyes is bad with it too.

We have an appointment booked today at the vets but his breathing has been horrible all night, he even came and laid on the bed with me which he doesnt do normally , I'm so worried and really hoping the vet doesnt suggest the worst today :(

Last edited:
Thanks everyone...Diesel has been admitted for yet another tear duct flush and so the vet can have another good look at his mouth under sedation ....he took a good 10 days to recover from the last time he had this done so hes going to be feeling fragile later I think :(

I hope the tear duct flush goes ok and it doesn't knock him as badly as last time.

I'll be thinking of you all.

Well Diesel is home.....the vet had a good examination under GA ,Diesel has fistulas between the tooth sockets and his nasal passages where the infection has eaten through the bone , the abcess goes up the left side of his face and is draining down through his tear duct :(

Poor boy looks a bit the worse for wear at the moment, hes started metronidazole to go alongside the baytril and metacam (injected today and orally from tomorrow)....I just hope this has some effect.

Diesel is very quiet this morning....hes hardly moved during the night ,hes eaten but has just wee'd and pooed where hes sat :(

Back