• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunnies outdoor area

AzuraSunshine

Warren Scout
This is what I have to work with :/

67567_447794202698_762872698_5222015_5068995_n.jpg

It looks really bad at the moment.. and it doesn't even have any grass! :O

I will be cleaning it up probably tomorrow and planting grass and fixing the fence and stuff.. :p

I can't wait till it is done!

Its a really nice spot.

but its in one of those parts of the yard that hardly ever gets noticed, cos it is behind the verandah and around the side of the house..

I just measured it and it is 10 foot by 13 foot! so it is plenty big enough! lol

and I took out the bricks.. I'm not even sure why they were there.. :/

*dies*

I've got most of the weeds out and raked most of it..

My biggest problem at the moment is that there is a layer of wood and nails and all sorts of things that don't even belong in a garden :/

Its getting there though! :D

Its going to be awesome when its done! lol

But, i'm not sure how i'm going to get grass growing :/ There were only a couple of tufts of grass.. Hopefully once I get rid of the top layer of stuff and get it to just dirt, SOMETHING will be able to grow!.. lol

*is excited* :p

I got up at 7:30 this morning, all excited because i'm so close to being done, with a sore back and sore feet.. and its RAINING!

Which is good because the soil won't be as dry when i go to dig it up, but it is bad because now i've gotta wait to get it done! :p

The fence is being pushed up by the roots of the tree on the other side :/

My original plan was to have a brick wall thing on one side so the bunnies can't escape and the have bricks along the fence to block holes and just make it look neater.. but i'm not sure if that is going to work now :/
Plus i need more bricks.. lol

I feels like is taking forever.. when its only been like 4 days.. :p

Digging might be fun if the tree has roots big enough to raise the fence that much! You might find making a L shape from mesh (half up the fence and half along the ground) would work better than bricks as it would have a bit more flex and grass will grow through it still. If you can dig it out any you could part bury the mesh.

This was never finished. A few weeks after I posted this Cappy suddenly died for unknown reasons :cry:

I still haven't got another bunny yet, but i have just started looking around and contacting local shelters.

When I do get another bun, I will be getting a girl and a desexed man-rabbit. and they will be living around the other side of the house where it is more sheltered and easier for my to get too (we are going to knock out the window in the office and put in a sliding door right next to where the hutch will be)

This was never finished. A few weeks after I posted this Cappy suddenly died for unknown reasons :cry:

I still haven't got another bunny yet, but i have just started looking around and contacting local shelters.

When I do get another bun, I will be getting a girl and a desexed man-rabbit. and they will be living around the other side of the house where it is more sheltered and easier for my to get too (we are going to knock out the window in the office and put in a sliding door right next to where the hutch will be)

im so sorry to here about cappy :( binky free cappy xx

But you will make two rescue buns very lucky with your new house for them :love:

That's really sad about Cappy :(

In time when you are ready to get new buns they will be very lucky indeed. It will be really satisfying to see them enjoying your hard work! :)

Back