• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns harassed by magpies...

Gerbil43

Warren Scout
Our buns run happily free in the garden during the day and are put away safely at night. Well that's what I thought until recently again witnessing beastly magpies pecking at our lovely pets. There is an apple tree in the garden and I do try to pick up the fallen fruit but suspect the apples may attract the birds. I also did catch one of the monsters with another small bird in its claws. A quick bang on the window did thankfully result in the victim being able to fly away in a flurry of feathers. But its eventual fate I do not know. Sometimes there are 10 or more of the crafty beasts in the area. Our buns only seem to react when the beasts have a peck but it's obviously not comfortable for them.
What to do about the magpies... form a band of Cliff Richard fans to sing a medeley of his hits? Show re-runs of El Dorado on a big screen? Invite some ex Big Brother contestants to camp? Play X Factor songs? Hire a giant rabbit costume and scare the pants off them? Not sure what to do but feel like I need to do something. Suggestions invited... :wave:

Back