• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Installed a Smoke Detector Today

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
My rabbits and guinea pig live in my shed and I have a heater on in there during the fall/winter. I have it for my guinea pigs to be honest as my rabbits don't mind the cold but now all benefit from it. :)

I've always worried so much about fires though. So I installed a smoke detector today and I have a baby monitor in my house so I can hear if it goes off.

I'm feeling much better now!

:thumb: good idea.
i also use a heater in the winter so i might put 1 in our garage its right under my bedroom so il hear it if it goes off tho come to think of it our closest one to the garage is in the fromt hallway and it would probably be too late by time that went off especially with all that hay and wood :? worried now!

Yes I would do it. I feel more relaxed now with the smoke detector. Before I was always running out there and looking out the window. Mine also has a button on it called a HUSH button, it incase it goes off by accident... although dont' know how that would happen in the shed, not like I make toast in there, but anyways you can just press the button to shut it off.

I should have done this years ago.

I am as bad as you, i have smoke detectors in the house, which is fine to cover Herbie & Inca's room. But i just bought a carbon monoxide detector 'just in case' that i am going to put near the central heating boiler as it is above their room!

Back