• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do you know if it's time to use the Snugglesafes?!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I just don't have a clue.

Obviously we're all freezing but rabbits have coats and mine live in pairs so use each other for warmth. The runs are shut off on an evening and there bed area, which they also use as the toilet, has straw in which is cleaned and filled daily.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Lou x

Im going to try not to use mine unless it gets REALLY cold - Mine live in a shed with attached avairy and they tend to sit out in the avairy but like you say they have fur coats, mine are all well (fingers crossed) and do have a nice cosy shelter...

I think unless its really cold or you have an ill bun you shoudnt need to use them

Im going to try not to use mine unless it gets REALLY cold - Mine live in a shed with attached avairy and they tend to sit out in the avairy but like you say they have fur coats, mine are all well (fingers crossed) and do have a nice cosy shelter...

I think unless its really cold or you have an ill bun you shoudnt need to use them

Thanks for replying :)

Mine live in the 6ft x 4ft happy hutches... I do stuff the sleeping area with straw and I cover them over on an evening with tarpaulin. I just worry that because I' freezing despite being clothes and in bed with 2 waterbottles, that they are too :roll:

xx

Just started using mine too, although can never decide if they sit on them or not:? but it makes me feel better:D

I use mine when it gets below freezing and first I use them under the water bowls to prevent those freezing, and when it gets colder, that's when I use them for the actual rabbits.

I use waterbottles at present, should I wait for them to start getting frozen before I use the snugglesafes? Seems like a good indicator

xx

Last night I put the Snugglesafe in my foster girls' hutch, as by the time we were going to bed there was already a heavy frost outside the front of the house. Our back garden is more sheltered, but Millie is still quite young, so wanted to be safe. My boys are in a shed which is quite cosy, though we are insulating it at the weekend.

I still worry though, I try to imagine how much warmer I'd be if every inch of my body had a dense coating of fur, but I just can't! I hate the cold!:lol:

I've been using mine for 2 weeks already, all my buns are indoor. I just can't bear to think they might be cold, so I'm not risking it. I have no central heating, and my house is single glaised with high ceilings, so go figure. :wave:

Back