• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training tips required!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: I've had my bunnies for a week now, and for the first couple of days I had a towel on the floor of their cage, and a litter tray in the corner with shavings in it. I was really pleased that Honey starting weeing in the tray straight away, I suppose because she's been used to going on shavings, but Olly just weed wherever he happened to be at the time, which obviously meant a yucky smelly towel! So I changed the towel for newspaper and the same thing happened, only Honey starting going on the paper too :? So I now have the newspaper with shavings on top:? and have taken the tray out, because it wasn't getting used... How on earth am I supposed to train them to wee in the tray?? Or the corners at least?? Help!!! :)

can you put the wee'd on newpaper in the litter tray - i used to pick up poos and put them in too and Lucky is litter trained to a certain degree (he hops out and flicks them everywhere but then thats always better than a man peeing on the loo seat). So he's now more litter trained than a bloke! :lol:

It took about a week for him to catch on. He was fab. :)

Good luck!! x

^^^^ this just dont empty it fully make sure that you leave a bit of soiled shaving in it when you do clean it so that they get the jist. :D

^^^^ this just dont empty it fully make sure that you leave a bit of soiled shaving in it when you do clean it so that they get the jist. :D

That too - i never washed it out properly (with detergent or anything - just warm water) so it always had his faint smell and he could relate it to his loo.

I tried the weed on newspaper in the tray but no joy, maybe I should just give it longer and keep doing it...:?

Back