• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Bad...

abi2047

Mama Doe
I feel bad for Riley as he is outside in his hutch with alot of hay but I still feel guilty as I am sat in the warm on Rabbits United :( I just want to bring him in the nice warm home :)

I know what you mean but it's bad for them as the temperature change is too drastic.:cry: They are such fragile creatures :love:

Apparently, the cold is easier for them to cope with than the summer heat. :shock:

I know what you mean but it's bad for them as the temperature change is too drastic.:cry: They are such fragile creatures :love:

Apparently, the cold is easier for them to cope with than the summer heat. :shock:

I keep asking my mum if I can bring him indoors for winter but she said he will cope better in the cold than the hot and they are used to being outdoors all year round. He can't be that cold because he has been refusing to go in his hutch, he would rather run around the garden. I have only just been able to get him into his hutch (with the help of a piece of carrot :lol)! x

I know the feeling, Sox lives outside and I always worry about how cold he must be :( But he has his hutch inside the shed, and then an attached run, and he chooses to be outside in the run :lol::(:shock::roll:

I know the feeling, Sox lives outside and I always worry about how cold he must be :( But he has his hutch inside the shed, and then an attached run, and he chooses to be outside in the run :lol::(:shock::roll:

Just been out to check on Riley and he is in his run flopped out instead of in his nice warm bed although I find it easier to sleep in the cold than the warm. xx

This will be my first winter as a bunny mummy. Spenser's hutch is not in a shed, but it is a very good hutch and we have a cover for when it's raining. He's got a big fluffy coat too. I have him in occasionally, but only when the heating is off, or in the conservatory, where there is no heating.

This will be my first winter as a bunny mummy. Spenser's hutch is not in a shed, but it is a very good hutch and we have a cover for when it's raining. He's got a big fluffy coat too. I have him in occasionally, but only when the heating is off, or in the conservatory, where there is no heating.

Im in the same situation as you. This is my first time of having a rabbit on my own, I had a few when I was younger but they were mostly my mums. Im still learning new stuff everyday about rabbits but Riley teaches me aswell :). Riley has a well made hutch, cover, straw, hay and a nice cosy bedroom. I panic alot though incase I do something wrong :( xx

Sox can't come in at all :( Mum's allergic to cats and dogs and bunnies and anything with fur :roll:(or it might be the skin? not sure)
My first winter also !!:D

Sox can't come in at all :( Mum's allergic to cats and dogs and bunnies and anything with fur :roll:(or it might be the skin? not sure)

Hubby is allergic to any fur. I make him take antihistamines :oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would hate for me or any of my family to be allergic to animals! I wouldn't be able to live without them :)

Back