• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hedgehog Bonfire Warning Posters.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Had an email tonight from the Hare Preservation Trust of who I am a member and part of the email said this below ...

Dear all,
Please save and print out and display wherever you can, local libraries, schools, workplace, vets receptions, shop windows, etc etc.
Please pass them on to friends and colleagues.

Many Thanks
Chris.

http://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/BRITISH HEDGEHOG Bonfire Poster A5.pdf

I have printed some out which I shall take to the village shop and hopefully our vets will display one, didn't know if anyone else would like to. I have also printed out and scanned a poster so if you save it maybe you can print it out.

BritishHedgehogSociety001.jpg

can I email a copy to someone who's a director at my local vets?

eta: I've emailed it to her, hope she can post it up!

Last edited:
hedgehog found in binbag

Last year at this time i put out a sack of hay and used litter from my rabbit hutch, i was taking it to the dump the next day. My hubby picked it up and put it in our wheelie bin instead. The next night I got a call from my hubby while i was at work saying there was a hedgehog in our wheelie bin! He couldnt understand how it climbed inside! doh!:lol::roll: I opened the bin and there was this little face looking up at me! The bin was nearly full so he was sitting on the top of the rubbish and hadnt been harmed in any way.

He had crawled inside the plastic bag that had been lying on the patio as it was full of hay and probably warm. The little guy was very lucky to be found as the wheelie bin was due to be emptied the next day. He was a big fat hedgehog and a night in a wheelie bin hadnt harmed him so i put him under our hedge and left some food out for him.
Its always good to check bin bags if you leave them out at this time of year as well. You never know whos snuggled inside.;)

Bless him.

I didn't know about bonfires. Im going to print one off and put it on the telegraph pole outside my house (after laminating) and one for the vets.

I am printing some out for circulation at work and the vets.

Very good idea, thanks for sharing. xx

My boyfriend has been rescuing hedgehogs at work this week, he knows someone who rehabilitates them then releases them back :love:

He even stopped to take one off the road, it must have been clipped, but looked like we were too late for him, as he was where we left him when we went back home. :(

Sorry folks that I keep bumping this it up but the more posters that get printed out and put up in different places the better :wave:

Back