• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter choices

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
Currently use lots of newspaper at the bottom of the tray, wood shavings IF I have some and then straw on top, it seems to work well and there is never an odor.

I'm considering replacing much of the newspaper and wood shavings with "CareFresh" from the Hay experts

Is it worth it? Or just keep to what I am doing? Currently I change his litter box every other day and the newpaper does seem to do a good job despite what I've read about it.

What do you think? :)

I used Carefresh bedding - it's great but incredibly expensive.

Now I use Megazorb, although I'm just changing over to Auboise as I have found a local supplier for it :)

i personaly just use hay and newspaper for my indoor buns,

ifthey are getting on fine with what they got why change it i say :D

Our supplier also does Auboise but I've always just stuck with Megazorb. If someone tells me they use far less and it's far cheaper I might try a bag. :lol:

Our supplier also does Auboise but I've always just stuck with Megazorb. If someone tells me they use far less and it's far cheaper I might try a bag. :lol:

I love Megazorb, but haven't found a local supplier, and have to pay £4.99 delivery (still works out better than the Carefresh, tho), so having found an Auboise supplier I'm giving it a go :)

Carefresh is good but expensive. I know a lot of people use Megazorb but I've never tried it personally so can't comment. I use this http://tinyurl.com/2uo5hya which is compressed wood pellets and is the best I've come across, by far the most absorbent. It's marketed as cat litter but is the same as the stuff P@H market as rabbit litter - but a lot cheaper!

I love Megazorb, but haven't found a local supplier, and have to pay £4.99 delivery (still works out better than the Carefresh, tho), so having found an Auboise supplier I'm giving it a go :)

Yeah the delivery's the killer. It barely costs me anything in petrol to get to this place so I can afford it. I'd be seriously considering just paper and hay and more regular changes if I couldn't get hold of it.

I used to use carefresh but gracie started eating it :roll:
so now i use newspaper, and lots of hay and change it a few times a day. xx

i personaly just use hay and newspaper for my indoor buns,

ifthey are getting on fine with what they got why change it i say :D

I find I can get away with doing the boxes every two (sometimes even three :oops:) days with megazorb because as I put fresh hay in they move away from the sodden bedding. Don't worry I keep an eye on their feet and they never had urine on so it does work for us.

Oh and we don't get free newspapers any more. :? Which is most annoying because we also use them for the fire.

I started with shavings, but read that they could be bad for bunnies so am now just using newspaper and hay. I do use several layers of newspaper and change it every day. This seems to suit Spenser, who uses the bedroom of his hutch as his toilet.

I read somewhere that you can use newspaper to line the salad drawers in your fridge to stop any odours, so maybe thats why it's good in litter trays too :D

I use woodshavings and hay on top xx

Back