• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Idea to keep a bored rabbit ammused.....

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I had a theory that instead of putting thumpers food into a bowl every morning for him to simply eat out of, why not get a "treat ball" to put all his food in, adjust the gap in which the food falls out of, and let him work for his food? Keeps him ammused, it acts as a toy, the feed becomes more fun and spaced out etc etc etc

I have been thinking about those I didn't realise you can vary the amount of food that falls out.:)

He looks as though he worked hard bless him:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:aaaaw bless! Must have worked really hard for them! I have one & the buns run about on the rug chasing it...looks so funny cause they both look like the stuck together as the run side by side....:lol::lol::love::love:

I have been thinking about those I didn't realise you can vary the amount of food that falls out.:)

He looks as though he worked hard bless him:lol:

I thought it was a good idea as it can be used for pellet food instead or as well as treats :) I didn't no until I read up on them about the gap space being adjusted either :) I only noticed when I did a bit of looking around for them.

Hes very bored at the moment, with a neuter commencing in the near future, he isn't aloud a bunny friend right now :( So I need to keep him as entertained as possible :)

you coud try clicker training with him?
I know you cant be training with him all the time, but I have been doing it with my boy and it does keep him quite entertained :)

you coud try clicker training with him?
I know you cant be training with him all the time, but I have been doing it with my boy and it does keep him quite entertained :)

Although Thumper knows who I am he's only just getting used to smelling my hand without backing off. I have a clicker trainer in my draw that I've bought to use with him, I'm going to wait another week or so until he is fully comfortable with me then try it with him :) Good idea though!

We play different games with pellets every night as someone is too clever for her own good and gets bored very quickly. The favourite is hiding them upside down under plastic cups and she chases them around the room trying to tip the cups over. I keep meaning to video it as it's hilarious :lol:

We play different games with pellets every night as someone is too clever for her own good and gets bored very quickly. The favourite is hiding them upside down under plastic cups and she chases them around the room trying to tip the cups over. I keep meaning to video it as it's hilarious :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:That sounds amusing for use mummies too let alone the rabbit!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:That sounds amusing for use mummies too let alone the rabbit!

It's brilliant, I'm normally in hysterics by the end of feeding time. Another good one is to hide the pellets in different places around your body - I put them between my lips, on top of my ear, in my hair, in pockets, on shoulders etc. Then sit with your back to a sofa so they can get to the high places. Blooming hilarious. Make sure you're wearing old clothes though as it can get a bit...enthusiastic. :lol:

It's brilliant, I'm normally in hysterics by the end of feeding time. Another good one is to hide the pellets in different places around your body - I put them between my lips, on top of my ear, in my hair, in pockets, on shoulders etc. Then sit with your back to a sofa so they can get to the high places. Blooming hilarious. Make sure you're wearing old clothes though as it can get a bit...enthusiastic. :lol:

Hahaha, thats a great idea :D May have to try it!

Hahaha, thats a great idea :D May have to try it!

We have lots of games as Oidhche-Velvet has lots of energy and is very bright, if we didn't keep her amused we'd have a demolished house :shock: If you need any more give me a shout. Keep meaning to get round to clicker training but at the moment we don't have the money for wee things like that.

We have lots of games as Oidhche-Velvet has lots of energy and is very bright, if we didn't keep her amused we'd have a demolished house :shock: If you need any more give me a shout. Keep meaning to get round to clicker training but at the moment we don't have the money for wee things like that.

They're only a quid or two on eBay ;)

They're only a quid or two on eBay ;)

Sadly, I don't even have that at the moment :roll: If it wasn't for someone else buying me food I'd be very hungry atm. Never mind, we'll get one eventually :)

We do have an emergency credit card for vet bills before anyone jumps on me.

Hes very bored at the moment, with a neuter commencing in the near future, he isn't aloud a bunny friend right now :( So I need to keep him as entertained as possible :)

I have a single unneutered buck, but for various reasons he will probably stay a single bun. I now companionship is the ideal for rabbits, but I'm just wondering how you can tell the difference between a rabbit who is bored and a rabbit who is just resting? :wave:

I have a single unneutered buck, but for various reasons he will probably stay a single bun. I now companionship is the ideal for rabbits, but I'm just wondering how you can tell the difference between a rabbit who is bored and a rabbit who is just resting? :wave:

With Oidhche, when she's bored she starts being a nuisance. Sometimes she's quite content to have a flop on the rug but when she's bored she starts chewing everything in sight, tipping things over, making a mess and generally being a pain in the backside. She also comes up and starts nipping at you for attention. Some rabbits are more active than others though so it comes down to individual personality.

OMG i am soooo trying this tomorrow!!!!! :lol:

I had a treat ball for the shed pair, Fudge isn't daft though, he chewed the raised carrots off the side and kept going until he'd made a hole :shock::roll::lol:

He also loves picking it up and dumping it in the water bowl :evil::lol:

I had a treat ball for the shed pair, Fudge isn't daft though, he chewed the raised carrots off the side and kept going until he'd made a hole :shock::roll::lol:

He also loves picking it up and dumping it in the water bowl :evil::lol:

:lol: Thats great, as for the pen idea, I never even gave it a thought! Good idea! I can tell when Thumper is bored because he starts snooping around and then "BANG"....I look behind me and he has quite literally dived into a laying position with his head on the floor lookin ever so sad...but cute....exactly like my Signature! He got fed up, I thought it was just cute though ;)

Back