• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tube Heaters for Rabbit Accommodation

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Can anybody who has invested in tube heating please recommend a good place to buy? can't find them on Screwfix, have found them on Balham Electricals but I'd like to compare. Also which size/wattage did you buy.

Also best place to get the heater cages as they seem to be more expensive than the heaters themselves:shock:

I have got one for my piggies and am planning on getting another one this weekend. I am gutted as the tubular heaters were on Screwfix's website earlier this week and now they have gone!

I think I have the smallest one so the lowest wattage but that was because it had to fit into a fairly small hutch (my guinea pigs arent shut in there, it opens out into a big run in my shed but it keeps them snug!!)

I am not sure where else to get this from now so keep me updated.

ETA - I have just found them on the Tool Station website. The small one is £14, which isnt too bad.

Last edited:
Can animals get burnt with these? Or can these start fires? I"m using a plug in heater in my shed and am installing a smoke detector just incase but I wondered about these.

They do get very hot so should either be out of the way so the animal can't touch or you can use the guard.

I think they are supposed to be pretty safe in terms of fire. I have mine on 24 7 and make sure that there is no hay touching the heater.
I think it's great though, would definitely recommend it. x

Didnt Jamie heat all the sheds at Greenfields?

He did Lorraine yes, which is where I got the idea for these from. He got his supplies from Screwfix if I remember rightly and they were so very good for the buns in winter, but as the sheds there were 6x4 and the hutches are 8ft x 2ft I am having to think differently as I don't want to put them in each hutch. I need to have them for my boarding accommodation but just in the large garden building in which the hutches are and not in the individual accommodations.

They are very low wattage so I'd need some hefty ones to make any difference I think.

Back