• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Bugsy - Finally goes home today! Yippee

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
A gorgeous new beast has arrived today for rehoming. He's name is Bugsy (both photos provided by his last owner)

bugsy1.jpg

He's been given up as the kids lost interest and his mum felt that he should have a friend and more interaction as the winter approaches. He is three and has lived as a solo garden bunny since he was a baby bought from a local pet shop.

He is amazingly friendly and a very happy boy. He's off white with light grey smutting around his extremities. A tad overweight but not too bad, nothing a few weeks at Helen's Poo Camp won't sort out I hope. He resembles a pyjama case when he's being cuddled.

He's never had a friend, is unneutered and not vaccinated so he is rather lucky to be here with the myxo and VHD outbreaks we have all been hearing about.

He will be 'fully serviced' (neutered and vacc'd before rehoming) but invites offers of a hot date with a spayed (or about to be spayed) lady - booking now for when he's ready :lol::lol:

He's a bit of a softy, but also loves football apparently. We'll post more infomation as we get to know him a bit better.

bugsy2.jpg

New pictures taken 21/10/10

FirstDay2Oct2010009.jpg

FirstDay2Oct2010003.jpg

FirstDay2Oct2010006.jpg

FirstDay2Oct2010012.jpg

We only rehome within approx 20 mile radius of Windlesham (give or take) and all adoptions are subject to physical homecheck/donation/and bonding on site at the rescue.

Full information here http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=21432
For more information about Bugsy or any other rabbit in the rescue please e-mail me at therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited:
O.M.G hes gorgeous...:love:
Im not looking, im not looking,
ill have to shut my eyes when I come to see Tiger next week :lol::lol:

Foursome :lol::lol::lol:

Only kidding Lisa.:D

Dont kid, I was thinking the same thing, but then thought Helen will have a heart attack if I suggest it.:lol:

On an earlier thread I said me and O.H had been together 21 years, well it might end there if I did that:lol::lol::lol:

Dont kid, I was thinking the same thing, but then thought Helen will have a heart attack if I suggest it.:lol:

On an earlier thread I said me and O.H had been together 21 years, well it might end there if I did that:lol::lol::lol:

It'll only be a matter of time before they take over I'm sure.

Nope, I can recommend you start with the three first and see where it takes you............................:)

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh. Helllllllllllllennnnnnnnnnnn. Stop having such cute bunnies! :no:

*Googles distance* ......... 76.1 miles! *CRIES!* :cry:

:lol::lol::lol:

I take all of your advice on board.:cry:
And just keep telling myself 3 is a good number.:lol:
3 kids, 3 buns, perfect.

Can I still have a stroke of him though when I visit :love:

I take all of your advice on board.:cry:
And just keep telling myself 3 is a good number.:lol:
3 kids, 3 buns, perfect.

Can I still have a stroke of him though when I visit :love:

Amazingly this boy just loves being cuddled. He'll stand any amount of being picked up - most probably because he's been owned by a family with three young kids so he's used to being handled.

Nose rubs will be order of the day.

Hello,

Bugsy is soooo cute! Me and my husband are looking for a husbun for my spayed lionhead girlie. She is 10 months and lives in our outhouse off the kitchen in the day. In the evening she has free range of the house. although we're still working on nibble proofing the living room (any tips on cable protection appreciated...!)

How big is bugsy, Cas is only 1.4Kg not sure how much their size matters? We are hoping for a cuddly bunny, as Cassini is a bit stand-off-ish (nose rubs appreciated as long as all 4 paws firmly on the ground!). The main thing that makes me a bit worried is we wouldn't be able to offer him the level of outdoor freedom he's used to. We have regular fox visitors to our garden and as Cas plays in the house we only have a small (2mx1m) run in the garden so she can get some sun/grass on a good day when we're home.

Oh, plus as I mentioned in another post my husband thinks he wants a neathie, which obv. bugs is not, but there don't seem to be many of them in rescue centres so I'm thinking maybe I can bring him round if he sees how many other lovely bunnies need a new home...? p.s. we're in Guildford.

Hello,

Bugsy is soooo cute! Me and my husband are looking for a husbun for my spayed lionhead girlie. She is 10 months and lives in our outhouse off the kitchen in the day. In the evening she has free range of the house. although we're still working on nibble proofing the living room (any tips on cable protection appreciated...!)

How big is bugsy, Cas is only 1.4Kg not sure how much their size matters? We are hoping for a cuddly bunny, as Cassini is a bit stand-off-ish (nose rubs appreciated as long as all 4 paws firmly on the ground!). The main thing that makes me a bit worried is we wouldn't be able to offer him the level of outdoor freedom he's used to. We have regular fox visitors to our garden and as Cas plays in the house we only have a small (2mx1m) run in the garden so she can get some sun/grass on a good day when we're home.

Oh, plus as I mentioned in another post my husband thinks he wants a neathie, which obv. bugs is not, but there don't seem to be many of them in rescue centres so I'm thinking maybe I can bring him round if he sees how many other lovely bunnies need a new home...? p.s. we're in Guildford.

Hi there

Size is not really that important, but it really depends on the rabbits involved. Temperament is far more relevant and to prove it I have a big French Lop living with a very small LionLop and they are very very happy.

Bugsy is a little overweight but by the time he is ready to go out (when he is fully vaccinated and neutered), he should be about 2.2-2.4kgs I would imagine. He's being neutered today so we will have a better view on his general health, including weight etc later.

I do have minimum housing requirements for indoor and outdoor bunnies so if you are interested in finding out more about Bugsy or in adopting from The Rabbit Crossing, could you e-mail me and I will send you out one of our rehoming questionnaires? We are therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

As far as out door freedom is concerned, this little guy had probably been given too much in one sense as he only had free ranging as his form of exercise in his previous home - not safe in my opinon unless fully supervised and he didn't have a run but a chicken coop style house which meant he couldn't really run and play unless he was allowed out in the garden. The reason for him coming into rescue is because the kids got bored and as a result I'm sure he was let out less and less.

You would be very welcome to visit and bring the other half, but as we rescue from our own private back garden and are therefore not "open to the public" or have "opening hours", it would have to be by appointment.

I do know of other male bunnies looking for homes that aren't with me yet so if you are interested in general in adopting, then please get in touch and we can take it from there.

Helen

Oh Helen, hes the image of my TJ and he sounds as if he has the same temperament. TJ is free range in my home and is such a good boy.

Oh Helen, hes the image of my TJ and he sounds as if he has the same temperament. TJ is free range in my home and is such a good boy.

Bless Lorraine.

I have to say that I have rarely met such a snugglesome bun - remarkable considering he is entire. He is such a love bug and having seen the previous 8 year old owner handle him (picking up repetatively and putting him down, carrying him around like a soft toy) I can see why he's just got on with it.

Didn't want another bun then Lorraine? Tempted? :D:D:D:D:D

Got a photo of TJ?

Like TJ, I think Bugs would actually quite like being a house rabbit as he seems so unphased by life. But he does love his football too so he'd need space for his matches against the other bunnies :lol::lol:

Back