• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big does their litter tray need to be?

I have decided to litter train my rabbits and bought the smallest litter tray there as i didnt want it to take up too much room, but thinking about it my mini lop will fit in it but my dwarf lop would be too big will she still use it or will it need to be big enough for her 2 get her big bum in it :D

I have decided to litter train my rabbits and bought the smallest litter tray there as i didnt want it to take up too much room, but thinking about it my mini lop will fit in it but my dwarf lop would be too big will she still use it or will it need to be big enough for her 2 get her big bum in it :D

a very large cat litter tray (i have this for 2 dwarf lops) or an under bed storage tray, many people use those and they are brilliant.

I have one of the large size corner ones for Dan & Cloe (Nethies) - they like to sit in there together.

I have the regular size corner ones for Blackie and Butter, but they have 3 as they decided they wanted 3 poo corners :roll:

My two have a large corner tray one and this one from Wilkos!

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Wilko-Dog-Bed-Plastic-Assorted-Medium/invt/0027261

Its about 70cm long and half a meter wide. Im even thinking of upgrading to the large one! You will have much more success with a larger tray. I filled in the air holes in the base with an acrylic filler. You need to line the bottom then put a lot of hay up one end or both ends the buns naturally love to go to the loo while munching hay!

I started off with a couple of the normal sized corner trays but they were too small for mine (who were only 4 months then). So I got a some hi-backed ones, which were better, but they still wee in too many places so I got some underbed storage boxes from Wilkinsons as well.

a very large cat litter tray (i have this for 2 dwarf lops) or an under bed storage tray, many people use those and they are brilliant.

We use underbed storage trays (also from Wilkos, Homebase also do them but they're more expensive in Homebase). They work superbly for us. No spills and they love sitting in them for ages eating hay. They also work great because I have enough to rotate boxes. So I make up a new one (wash, layer of Megazorb, layer of hay) pop a lid on and swap them with the old ones, take the old ones to the garage and then we just tip them straight onto the compost heap on the allotment. No bags, no fuss.

I agree wth underbed storage boxes. I use those for my nethies. It means they have somewhere to go to the loo and also somewhere to munch from- they tend to se one end for the loo and another for eating (bunnies like to eat and poo at the same time :roll:).

Someone recently suggested washing up bowls which is another excellent, yet smaller, idea.

I agree wth underbed storage boxes. I use those for my nethies. It means they have somewhere to go to the loo and also somewhere to munch from- they tend to se one end for the loo and another for eating (bunnies like to eat and poo at the same time :roll:).

Someone recently suggested washing up bowls which is another excellent, yet smaller, idea.

My lops end up pooing at the ends and eating in the middle. :lol: There's always little piles of poos each end.

I got two giant sleigh style litter trays which are great. I don't think they make/sell them anymore though.

Back