• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you buy newspapers or get them given etc?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I currently buy free press papers as these are the bulkiest. I was wondering if i could reduce my newspaper costs by getting old free ones.

Where does everyone get their newspapers from?

Thanks xx

I ask people I know to save them for me...family, friends, work colleagues

Ditto, some are more suitable than others. I'm in Scotland so quite a few people save me The Herald sport section (it has no staples and is an ideal size for Spenser's bedroom). If I'm really stuck I can get a Daily Record from my neighbours, but this is not ideal as Spenser tends to shred it. I pick up a Metro if opportunity presents, and Spenser also likes to keep up with the property market! :lol:

My friend saves hers for me, she gets the Echo every day and her husband gets a newspaper for work :wave:

I get loads free whenever I ask - I work at a council so the marketing dept and some other depts get papers every week - I have several 'suppliers' and more papers than i know what to do with :lol:

Ditto, some are more suitable than others. I'm in Scotland so quite a few people save me The Herald sport section (it has no staples and is an ideal size for Spenser's bedroom). If I'm really stuck I can get a Daily Record from my neighbours, but this is not ideal as Spenser tends to shred it. I pick up a Metro if opportunity presents, and Spenser also likes to keep up with the property market! :lol:

Ha ha :lol: I always like to make sure Amber is peeing on a footballer or politician or some other worthy individual :lol::lol:

i buy the local rag once a week pinch huge hand full of the weekly freebie one in sainsburys and also raid recycle bins on rubbish day

how about asking an old people home to keep theres aside, the elderly normaly have a read of the daily rag each morning

I have everyone I know collecting and saving them for us.

My mum, bless her, asked all her colleagues to save their papers and now my old bedroom is doubling up as a newspaper storage room! I have to make trips every week or so to fill the car up! :lol:

We are so grateful though as we go through SO MANY! I have just started using more as thicker bases for hutches/litter trays etc to help keep the little mites warmer.

Family save them for us but i recycle the ones with staples in coz i'm too lazy to take them out. :oops:

I have lots at the moment... my mum gives me hers and i get 2 free papers through the door every week too. Once i put an ad on Freecycle asking for newspapers and i got loads of offers!! worth doing that on your local freecycle and you will probably get lots too :D

dan takes them from the free newspaper stands outside shops in town! :lol: they always come out the shop and give him a strange look but never say anything! :lol:

he asks the people who hand them out aswell in town for loads and they don't mind giving him some.

and he takes loads of the free papers on the buses.

my mum and dad save them for us aswell.

we have loads and loads of them in the bedroom in boxes! :lol:

I live in London so just grab a Metro/Evening standard most days, they soon stack up.

We get a free council area paper each month too.

I don't read newspapers and never go past the free London stands so I have to buy mine. I usually buy whatever's cheapest, which is usually The Sun, sadly. I feel quite embarrassed buying it. I don't actually read it!

I put an ad on freecycle wanting them and now I have more than I can handle so if any one wants any .............

I get mine from the local library, they save them for me as they know i have buns and piggies, my mum and sister save them for me too. xx

Back