• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

did you change your rescue bun's name?

Did you keep your bunnies previous name?

• Total voters

charl86

Alpha Buck
Just wondering really, as I'm looking for a new bunny at the min, do people generally keep the name that the the rescue/previous owner gave to the bunny, or have you renamed them when you took them in?
And why did you deciede do keep it/change it?
Anyways try to ill add a poll, hope it works, i've never done one before!

I changed it. Feline was called Macy, I like that name but not on her and not in combination with Fred. (Feline is pronounced as Fay-lee-nuh though.. Not feline as in cat.. :p)

And our rescue cat Nora was called Danka...... Sorry, but that name was to horrible to keep! :oops:

changed them both, Sebastian was called "Brad" :shock: and Mae was called "Cricket" but it took a long time to get ued to calling her Mae:lol:

i was going to change Ginger to Honey, but when i met her and had her at home, the name suited her perfectly and so she stayed the same.

So i voted i kept it the same.

I changed a rescue piggies name. He was called Gladiator which is nice but a mouthfull. I thought Gerard Butler was in Gladiator :oops: Didn't like Gerard but Butler worked well. OH told me that it was actuallu Russell Crowe. :roll:

Butler stuck though :lol:

Ant, Sienna, Beemer and Dudley have kept theirs.
We named Trix as she was born in rescue and we then adopted her.
Roo used to be Marmalade (too much of a mouthful!)

my piggy chesney was called ginger originally, it suited him but thought a new name for a new start, and he just looked so much like a chesney! :love:

maisie piggy was in rescue ages and was never given a name. :(

Kept them as I liked then (Kane and Sparkle) and couldn't think of anyhting better/more appropriate for them

Ruby was called Nala at the rescue but I didn't think that suited her at all so I changed it. I like Ruby better.

As a rescue, I have changed some rabbits names as they came in, because I couldn't bear to keep them! Like: Sweetie, Poop, Cutie. I don't think I need to explain why!

I have adopted two rabbits from other rescues, one did not have a name there, so I called her Autumn. The other, was called Pebbles, but I changed it to Twilight (before the movie and book frenzy happened!)

I voted changed it because Summer didn't have a name at the rescue I got her from, they just called her Bunny. Apparently they keep them for a month before giving them a proper name!

Some we did and some we didn't :oops:

Those we changed

Archie (was Liquorice)
Reggie (was Allsorts)
Geronimo (was Dale)
Uno (was Mr Nibbles!)

Those we didn't change

Pancake
Moley
Squirrel

I haven't done the poll because I've had so many rescue buns and I have changed some and not others.

When bunnies come in for rehoming I do change the names sometimes to something that I feel suits their personality a bit more and often because we've had so many with the same or similar name (helps not to confuse the vet register).

We are currently having a run on Daisys, and have had umpteen Flopsys in the past - that one always gets changed I am afraid (no disrespect to anyone with a Flopsy) but I can't stand that name for a rabbit.

I changed it. Charlee had no name, and Noah was previously called Dean. I didnt like the name and it didnt suit him, so I changed it.

I like Daisy as it suits her - she's white and as 'fresh as a daisy' - it's girly too. I couldnt think of anything else for her - besides - she's 18 months now so might get a little confused! :lol:

ETA: We got Lucky at 4 months old - i dont consider him as a rescue bun but he was an unwanted pet. He was called Ollie at that time but had already had 4 names in his short life. We changed it to Lucky as we decided it wouldnt be confusing (he didnt respond to it anyway). He looked like a Lucky. I considered chaning his name to Stanley but called him Lucky Stanley until it wore off. Now it's Lucky Wucky, and Daisy Waizz :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I'm suprised so many have changed their names, I thought the majority would of kept them. Those of you who did did your buns know their old name? if so did it take long for them to learn their new one?

ETA: if you kept some but changed others you can vote for both. I should of added another option:oops:

Well Womble name stayed the same, Mr Wiggles was Amber and Wispa was Penople. And other two we are getting soon Tinkerbell is her name and Jasmine I have always like the name but her name was Loki I think that was right.

we change nearly all of ours as we have a theme to our names (eg Damson, Quince, Medlar, Pumpkin, Nutmeg, Willow, Hawthorn, Parsley, Peaches, Bluebell, Mullberry, Teasal, Comfrey, Milk Thistle, Blackberry etc etc). there are so many choices in the tree/fruit/plant/flower category that there is one to suit every rabbit:D Parsley is the only one we might have avoided as a name but we actually found him in the Parsley patch on the allotment!!! (he was a stray)

The only ones we didn't change were Florence who had been Florence for so many years in rescue - and also there is a type of Fennel which is Florence Fennel, and then Pansy who came to us a couple of months ago.:D

When I rescued Rodge, I hated the name but I couldnt find a name that suited him, so my big lad is just Rodge. :)

Orla wasnt named when I got her as she was only 10 weeks old.

Back