• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teeth

Rachie

Mama Doe
:wave:

Probably a stupid question - the last time I took Ebbie to the vet, she had her teeth checked and the vet commented that there was the start of some spurrs on her back teeth. They don't need to be worried about yet but it's something to keep an eye on.

They currently get a big box of hay every day but it's from a bale that I get from a local farm. Just wondering if it's worth me buying some rougher/thicker hay to mix in? Will that help her teeth?

I don't want her to be a dental bunny :( I see how much stress and heartache it causes and she's a very aloof bun bun anyway so it'll be really stressful for her, then the effects of the GA etc etc.

I've been looking at insurance this afternoon. Just wondering though, if insurers don't cover existing conditions, would her teeth be an existing condition? If they've already noticed it sort of thing?

I've been looking at insurance this afternoon. Just wondering though, if insurers don't cover existing conditions, would her teeth be an existing condition? If they've already noticed it sort of thing?

Not unless they have been treated I think - a lot of buns gets spurs that never effect them again

I think its important to remember that you would be very hard pushed to find many bunnies with perfect teeth. Most bunnies have spurs to a greater or lesser degree, that may or may not affect them, so just take precautions but try not to overly panic about this because it may mean very little.

Back