• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Punishment for pulling out stitches...

ScienceGeek

Warren Scout
Big Suze pulled out her stitches so now she has to look like this :lol::

P191010_19000001.jpg

However, she will not be made to look a fool by a vet - she's now chewed through the bandage and pulled it off! :roll:

:lol:

Have you tried a kitten collar to keep it round her neck. Leo had to wear a cone for 8weeks at one point and the kitten collar was my absolute saviour.

Cut the sleeve off a mans jumper or long sleeved sweat shirt and cut 2 holes in for the front legs so it's like a vest. I f you can get her in it without her struggling (as this will do more harm then good) this will also protect her stitches. My bun Big had to wear one for a few days.

Thanks for the tips - she's at the vets again later so will see what he thinks about the wound and then decide on a plan of action. The wound hasn't opened up too much and it's not bleeding at all, so don't want to put her through too much stress if there's no need to keep her away from the wound.

I did think she looked cute with her big ears pushed forward in the "bonnet" but she seemed to keep hitting it on things, which she didn't like at all. Bless.

Photos of Big in her vest/jumper

Dhilljumper2.jpg

Dhilljumper1.jpg

She didn't seem to mind wearing it. And looked very cute :lol:

Ah that's what happened to one of our buns he pulled his stitches out after being neutered and had to wear a lampshade collar and he use to think he was washing his fur but it was the inside of his collar I felt so guilty as he use to look so sorry for himself.

Watch the lampshades - my Spice wore one years ago, & got her foot caught in it trying to get it off, she panicked & was terriofied:cry:

Ah that's what happened to one of our buns he pulled his stitches out after being neutered and had to wear a lampshade collar and he use to think he was washing his fur but it was the inside of his collar I felt so guilty as he use to look so sorry for himself.

Haha, yeah Suze was doing this too until she pulled the thing off!

She's at the vets now getting re-stitched (another GA :() and is getting internal stitches this time (why not originally I have no idea! :evil:) which (fingers crossed) she wont be able to get to.

Kind of don't want to put a collar back on - as cute as she looks I just feel too sorry for her and really don't want her to get caught up in it!

Back