• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Max with Timmy and Mimi TAKE 2 Ud I GIVE UP

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Well we took them for a drive this morning which went well, they were snuggling for comfort as desired.
Got them back and onto neutral territory and it was ok at first but then Max and Timmy started fighting :roll: Ive got some fat leather mountaineering gloves on so have been seperating them when they start then letting them go again a minute later.
We're 2 hours in and they still go for eachother when they come nose to nose. It has got less frequent and i think less viscious, theyre batting with their paws now as opposed to biting.
Any tips really appreciated, this is gonna be really tough :?
Btw theyre currently both flopped at opposite ends but can c eachother xxx

Last edited:
uh oh!

Erm, the fact they've flopped can't be a bad thing as flopping is normally related to feeling 'comfortable' isn't it?

I think you have two very strong willed bunnies who possibly remember the last time a little.

Where was Mimi during all this?

As last time Mimis very much staying out of it and letting the boys do their thing.
Its been over a week since the last attempt but i guess they might still remember.
Not sure what to do, i guess i'll stick with rthis and review again later if they havent calmed down.
They are both so stubborn :evil: Just needs someone to give in!

It sounds like you're going in the right direction by the fact the fights are getting less severe, so it sounds like what you are doing works for them. So if you think its safe to do so, try to stick with it (but equally it would be understandable if you stopped).

If you are unable to bond them this time, are you going to try and see if a rescue can bond for you?

It sounds like you're going in the right direction by the fact the fights are getting less severe, so it sounds like what you are doing works for them. So if you think its safe to do so, try to stick with it (but equally it would be understandable if you stopped).

If you are unable to bond them this time, are you going to try and see if a rescue can bond for you?

The nearest rescue to me is 4hrs drive away in Switzeralnd :shock: So its not really an option, or atleast the very last option.
If this doesnt work (having said that I am going to stick with it) we will have to try something else eg. Confining them in cages next to eachother (dont want to do that) or having a word with our vet to see if they can help.
The fights are getting less frequent and inbetween they eat hay togethet or flop (not together but they can see eachothet) The fights seem less viscious and theyre both getting less and less upset by them. A moment ago they came nose to nose for a few mins before Timmy randomly bit Max :roll: But its something.
Is this hopeless or what????

The nearest rescue to me is 4hrs drive away in Switzeralnd :shock: So its not really an option, or atleast the very last option.
If this doesnt work (having said that I am going to stick with it) we will have to try something else eg. Confining them in cages next to eachother (dont want to do that) or having a word with our vet to see if they can help.
The fights are getting less frequent and inbetween they eat hay togethet or flop (not together but they can see eachothet) The fights seem less viscious and theyre both getting less and less upset by them. A moment ago they came nose to nose for a few mins before Timmy randomly bit Max :roll: But its something.
Is this hopeless or what????

Ah, that's not a very practical option. Sorry, forgot you were in France.

I don't think its hopeless because you are saying things are better than they were. Janice says that when they fight and you have to split them up the lesser the fights will get and the longer in between them, which is what you are saying.

Maybe PM Janice- ARC and see if she can give you any advice/support/suggestions, etc?

I give up :cry:
I took my eye off the boys for one minute to tend to Mimi and they got into a huge brawl. I seperated them but by that point Timmy was in a rage like ive never seen before and latched onto my glove (not my finger thankfully) and held on for dear life :shock: It took me ages to calm him down and persuade him to let go, i thought his teeth were caught or something but no he was just holding on :shock:
Ive never seen him so aggressivr and i dread to think of the injury if it was Max hed have gotten hold of :( I seperated them and checked them over (no injuries fortunately) and have now put them back in their seperate living areas. I just cant do 3 rabbits on my own when 2 of them are going at eachother.
Everybuns calmed down now but im in bits. Ive never seen my gentle Timmy so angry before and Ive bonded him twice before. Im starting to think this isnt going to work :(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I give up :cry:
I took my eye off the boys for one minute to tend to Mimi and they got into a huge brawl. I seperated them but by that point Timmy was in a rage like ive never seen before and latched onto my glove (not my finger thankfully) and held on for dear life :shock: It took me ages to calm him down and persuade him to let go, i thought his teeth were caught or something but no he was just holding on :shock:
Ive never seen him so aggressivr and i dread to think of the injury if it was Max hed have gotten hold of :( I seperated them and checked them over (no injuries fortunately) and have now put them back in their seperate living areas. I just cant do 3 rabbits on my own when 2 of them are going at eachother.
Everybuns calmed down now but im in bits. Ive never seen my gentle Timmy so angry before and Ive bonded him twice before. Im starting to think this isnt going to work :(:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm really sorry :(

Did you PM Janice-ARC?

What happens if it doesn't work? What does that mean for the bunnies? Or does it mean nothing other than they haven't bonded?

I'm really sorry :(

Did you PM Janice-ARC?

Yes I am awaiting her response.

I wish my oh was here. Wierdly it was when he popped back for lunch that it kicked off so we made the decision together to seperate them for now.

I dont know what to do, i love Max :cry: I dont want to give him up but if we cant bond him with Timmy we'll have to. My vet has a single female bun and I think hed be fine with her coz hes fine with Mimi.

Just feel :cry::cry::cry:

Yes I am awaiting her response.

I wish my oh was here. Wierdly it was when he popped back for lunch that it kicked off so we made the decision together to seperate them for now.

I dont know what to do, i love Max :cry: I dont want to give him up but if we cant bond him with Timmy we'll have to. My vet has a single female bun and I think hed be fine with her coz hes fine with Mimi.

Just feel :cry::cry::cry:

That could of caused it i think?

Did he come in smelling of anything etc? Did he startle the buns in any way?

Is there no way to keep him and get him his own girlfriend?

It wouldnt be fair on them as we dont really have enough room. Id rather he went somewhere else where he could have a girlf and all the room they want :cry::cry::cry:

Oh could have startled them or smelt funny I guess. But really, the way Timmy went at Max shocked me :shock:

:cry:Don't know what to suggest as I didn't do my bond. I have heard it's so hard on owners to bond their own buns as they can sometimes get nasty

Back