• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent - update

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Frasier just had the weirdest stumble. He lost his footing - all on ground level - and ended up on his side with his head on the side desperately trying to get back up. It took several seconds but then he did eventually. He is now hopping about fine and head back to normal. He came to me for a treat (always a good sign). But it really scared me. Is this normal? I've never seen anything like it before.

Last edited:
sounds strange?? Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along but he will probably need a trip to the vets - might be ear infection or EC?

Hope it doesnt happen again!! x

My other rabbit Darcy had EC last year and they were all treated with Lapizole at the time. Frasier's head is not tilted now. It was so awful - i think he tripped on a toy. He was trying to move his body round but his head stayed. Then he did this massive twist onto his back and then back up and he was okay again. Head right. He has hopped around - i made him follow for a treat to check him. He is now sitting quietly in his cardboard house.

Could be EC or IEI, hope it is neither and it was just a wee stagger.

Just monitor him and have a wee trip to the vets if worried. Hope he is ok x

Thanks. I pray to god its neither and it was just a stagger. just so horrible to see him like that :(

I was so lucky when Darcy had headtilt we got it so early that he never got so bad that he stumbled. He did get nasty GI statis and catarax and slight tilt. Please please please please don't let Frasier have it.:cry:

Frasier is now eating some apple. He seems okay. Hopefully I'm just worrying over a stumble. fingers and paws crossed

I would monitor it Romy and see if it happens again. It could just have been one stumble. If he is well in himself, besides the trip.

Have they all been fine since you treated with the Lapizole? How long a course did they all get?

keep an eye on him, it sounds like what rosie used to do when she got poorly, hopefully it was nothing but a stumble though

Frasier was good through the night and today. He was playing with his toys and jumped up on the bed to sleep as usual - he has a step so its not such a huge jump but still shows how agile he is. No more incidents (touch wood). He has been eating and drinking and pooing fine.

I would monitor it Romy and see if it happens again. It could just have been one stumble. If he is well in himself, besides the trip.

Have they all been fine since you treated with the Lapizole? How long a course did they all get?

They had a month's course of Lapizole last year when Darcy had EC. The others are all fine. Beatrix had a bit of gas last week.

I did phone my vet this morning but she is not in until tomorrow and the other vets that were in surgery today are not rabbit savvy. I have an appointment booked for him with her tomorrow just in case. I want to check him out.

Ann Mitchell from RWA was really lovely and phoned me. She said it may have just been a fit and not necessarily EC or stroke. Fingers and paws crossed.

Back