• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Barley's dilemma....

willowholly

Mama Doe
B' xrays showed she has no stones & therefore has been treated for cystitis.Ive been told she no longer needs a low calcium diet & actually her bones are dense & not bright white as they should be, so a low calcium diet is really not good for her.Today she seems wobbly & I discussed with vet what our next plan should be.Am weary of taking her off her low calcium diet.What do you think I should do?

I haven't a clue, sorry but I just wanted to say I'll be thinking about her and I hope it gets sorted out for you. :(

Vet phoned today to go through the options-a blood test for E cuni which I suggested last week,an incontinence course of action for post spay incontinence,or she could have a bladder tumour but we dont think it is as she would be much worse.We dont really think its EC either as Dill has no symptoms.Vet doesn't think its cystitis anymore as Baytril injections didn't really help.She said it could be a spinal problem but nothing showed up on the xray.So we are going to work through the options starting tomorrow with the blood test.I personally think its to do with the rough handling she had when xraying her 2years ago as thats when her renal problems started.I was looking at her past medical history & she was 7.5 lbs at 5 months when spayed & is only 9.5 lbs now.The most she weighed was 11 lbs 2 years ago.Find this worrying.Hopefully we will find some answers soon.Am really worried.

Last edited:
We have put B on septrin for a week & shes taking this well.If this doesn't solve anything then its back in a week for blood & urine tests.Vet seems to think it is cystitis afterall as she has more of an urgency passing urine,rather than incontinence.Fingers crossed,she seems abit better,so will see how things go.

Back