• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

ive lost her

angieb

Mama Doe
over night miffy went down hill again.....:cry:
i took her to the vets first thing and he advised to PTS as she had already lost so much wieght. i am devistated. :cry: its taking me all my time not to cry infront of the children. :cry:

I'm really, really sorry. You tried so hard for her.

Its ok to cry in front of your kids you know, it shows them its ok to cry because you're very, very sad right.

Binky Free Miffy.

I'm really, really sorry. You tried so hard for her.

Its ok to cry in front of your kids you know, it shows them its ok to cry because you're very, very sad right.

Binky Free Miffy.

i know its ok to cry infront of the children but when i was young i used to worry about people/things dying....therefore i feel like i need to hide the whole death thing.
they know things die and have asked where she is and ive said she has died because she was vey poorly but thats all..they seem to accept it. i dont know whether this is the right way to go about it but its my way of protecting them of worry. as im a major worrier.
thankyou everyone for your comments,,
it does make me think tho.....pets dont live long enough and is it worth the heartache? :cry:

I am so sorry for your loss.

It must be incredibly hard right now, but hopefully in time you will remember all the happy times and I hope that these will far outweigh the pain you feel.

Thinking of you.

Binky free Miffy x

lost my wee guy yesterday all of a sudden after not knowing he was ill. know exactly how u feel im gutted. and sure people think its just a rabbit. its hard without them, my house aint the same without him trying to chase me

lost my wee guy yesterday all of a sudden after not knowing he was ill. know exactly how u feel im gutted. and sure people think its just a rabbit. its hard without them, my house aint the same without him trying to chase me

i know. i couldnt believe how down she went again. :cry: people do say its just a rabbit. i just dont tell the ones i think that will say that!
she was a outdoor rabbit but since she has been ill i brought her in the porchway and i still keep going to go and check on her and obviously shes not there. :cry:
i had my dog PTS last year but he was really old and i think that was slightly easier as he was a really good age (15), but i feel bad with miffy cause she was only 3. :cry:
thanks for all the thoughts everyone.

Back