• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello,calling all indoor bunny mums and dads :)

Schuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeetttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :wave:

NIC Cubes :love:

Search ebay for 'Mesh Storage' :)

B&Q / Amazon sell them also.

Nothing :D My buns don't touch any part of the house or furniture :D

I would suggest cardboard if you are having issues. I would also suggest a diet HIGH in hay - it keeps them busy throughout the day as they have to expend a lot of energy eating to get the same amount of calories. :wave:

I would suggest cardboard if you are having issues. I would also suggest a diet HIGH in hay - it keeps them busy throughout the day as they have to expend a lot of energy eating to get the same amount of calories. :wave:

Neither does Biscuit...until he ate the corner off the plastered wall.. :roll: :lol:

i pin sheets to the walls.. they are more interested messing about with the sheets than trying to get to the wall behind

She has unlimited amount of hay but she doesnt want cuddles or to run about etc she just looks for the nearest piece of wallpaper to chew :(

Nothing - Phoebe An prefers wallpaper - Hugo had a penchant for the wood around the hearth of the fireplace :lol:

Schuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeetttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :wave:

NIC Cubes :love:

Search ebay for 'Mesh Storage' :)

B&Q / Amazon sell them also.

Moi? :oops:

Mine actually aren't bothered by skirting boards but NIC cubes are brilliant for protecting stuff.

*gets out pictures*

_IGP0565-vi.jpg

_IGP8725-vi.jpg

We got ours on Ebay - if you want several packs, look around, some do better deals on P&P and even though you pay more for the products you get more off the P&P.

I'm lucky my lot aren't interested in the skirting boards. Have you tried cardboard houses? You don't have to buy one you can make one with just a large cardboard box. My lot go nuts chomping on their house and it seems to keep them busy... x

She has unlimited amount of hay but she doesnt want cuddles or to run about etc she just looks for the nearest piece of wallpaper to chew :(

Yes but does she eat all the unlimited hay? :wave: How many pellets are you feeding her?

Also just wondering how you respond when you catch her eating the wallpaper? :wave:

Has any used Chew Stoppa? Weve used it on the kennel to stop our dog chewing & wondered if it was ok for buns??

I'd personally be nervous about buns ingesting any chemical product - they have such DELICATE gastrointestinal tracts compared to other species.

Ive just got different things covering my skirting boards at the min,it's mainly wallpaper she chews,will defo get them cubes :)

So far so good shhhhhhhhhh! :thumb: But lots and lots of chewed cardboard at the end of the day :) thank goodness for cardboard boxes:love:

Yh she does eat it all and she only has a shallow bowl for her pellets which I don't give a lot of..I just say Sophie and she runs off..what's the best way to react when you catch them doing something naughty?I got a thin cardboard box..would she get stuck in it,it brought my new tv in :)

Yh she does eat it all and she only has a shallow bowl for her pellets which I don't give a lot of..I just say Sophie and she runs off..what's the best way to react when you catch them doing something naughty?I got a thin cardboard box..would she get stuck in it,it brought my new tv in :)

Ignore it completely - this sort of behaviour quickly becomes a learnt attention seeking one with rabbits! If you can't bear to ignore it whilst she carries on... then kill two birds with one stone and cover the area up also to help break the habit. I definitely would NOT react in any way - even eye contact. If she starts on it and then looks over to you for a reaction you can bet your life she's waiting for one! ;):wave:

Alvin used to binky away when i caught him eating wallpaper :evil: even now he will find a place thats not covered, watch for me looking then go at the wallpaper little sod he is!

Yeh I understand what ur saying...I've covered all the areas I can but only with cushions etc until I get some panels

Me neither, and as above hay is a brilliant distraction and helps deter naughtiness :) although wallpaper is another issue lol.

Back