• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People who have natura run shelters and similar - size question

gemmam

Alpha Buck
I am looking for a wooden shelter to put in my shed as a warm place to snuggle as the weather gets colder. I have used cardboard boxes up to now which work well but thought I might as well buy something permanent. Anyone who has one of the natura shelters or similar, can you tell me whether they are big enough for two bunnies (one small, one medium)? I don't want anything so big it loses warmth but obviously want them to be able to fit in together. I considered just getting a 3' hutch but don't think that will be as warm and bigger than needed really.

I bought a cheap 3ft hutch for this purpose and to be honest it isn't much difference in size to the natura shelters. Much cheaper as you can often pick them up for a £5-15 and as an added bonus it stops someone else buying it and using it as an actual hutch. I can take a pic of it with bunnies as as size comparison if you like.

I am looking for a wooden shelter to put in my shed as a warm place to snuggle as the weather gets colder. I have used cardboard boxes up to now which work well but thought I might as well buy something permanent. Anyone who has one of the natura shelters or similar, can you tell me whether they are big enough for two bunnies (one small, one medium)? I don't want anything so big it loses warmth but obviously want them to be able to fit in together. I considered just getting a 3' hutch but don't think that will be as warm and bigger than needed really.

if you have a look on the zooplus website they have small dog kennels with a lift up roof for easy cleaning £40 inc delivery ,i just ordered one for my three,the shelters would be a pain to clean out i think unless it opens in some way :roll:

if you have a look on the zooplus website they have small dog kennels with a lift up roof for easy cleaning £40 inc delivery ,i just ordered one for my three,the shelters would be a pain to clean out i think unless it opens in some way :roll:

The shelters have a hinged roof as well I think. Kennel might be a better size though thanks, will have a look :)

Yep, the shelters have a hinged roof too. The larger sized one would be big enough for two buns I think. Alfie and Bubbles don't go inside theirs, they prefer to 'hang out' on the rooftop. :roll: :lol:

I have 3' hutches in mine as well. Fat lot of good they are - they bunnies all prefer to sit on top of them rather than in them!

Back