• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD outbreak

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
We have the worst possible news- confirmed cases of VHD at Hopper Haven:cry::cry::cry:

Any spare vibes, wishes or thoughts would be most appreciated for Louise at this awful, awful time.

Being a sanctuary of mostly sick or compromised rabbits, a lot of our rabbit residents are not given the VHD vaccine because of their health conditions, and in line with veterinary assessments.

We have lost at least three rabbits that have been confirmed VHD, but we could potentially lose so many more:cry::cry:

Louise has the heartache of watching bunnies happily hopping away today that we know with almost certainty will not be with us in a few days time due to either one of their group having passed, or living close by to the outbreak.

We have 120 rabbits with a whole host of problems from heart failure, snuffles, re-current abscesses, deformities etc etc.
All have now been vaccinated, which means we will most likely lose many just from the effects of the vaccine alone, never mind this awful disease:cry::cry:

If you can get your bun vaccinated, but have chosen not to up until now, please be aware that this disease is out there, it's virulent, strikes without mercy and is always, always fatal:cry::cry::cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: im so sorry :cry: :cry:

sending all the vibes i can make for the hopper haven buns xxxxx

i know we had it in the midlands because my vet lost a fight with about 20 unvaccinated buns about the time Pearl was ill so she was extra worried about delaying the jab with her.

Oh no Im so sorry :( poor little bunnies and how awful to watch it happening and be helpless! I have everything crossed for all your buns!

so sorry to hear such awful news. Vibes for everyone and keeping everything crossed for you :love:

I am SO sorry - this will indeed make me consider whether I should vaccinate the few who I have not done due to underlying health issues.

I am SO sorry - this will indeed make me consider whether I should vaccinate the few who I have not done due to underlying health issues.

I've had to rush my 4 unvaccinated buns for their vaccine in case I've carried it home on my clothes.

All of them are compromised buns,and snuffly Joey is 9, so I'm dreading how they're going to react:cry:

I've had to rush my 4 unvaccinated buns for their vaccine in case I've carried it home on my clothes.

All of them are compromised buns,and snuffly Joey is 9, so I'm dreading how they're going to react:cry:

fingers crossed for your angels too xxxxxx

Oh Man. Thinking of you and desperately hoping that things don't get as bad as you fear they might.

Really, really sending all the good vibes I can for everyone there and all these bunnies

Back