• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

De-scenting fleeces and towels + bonding prep

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Is 90 degrees in the washing machine enough to completely get ridof any lingering bunny smells? Its the hottest my machine goes.

Take 2 of bonding my trio commences tommorrow so i need verything to be perfect :?

(sorry for the boring thread :oops:)

I have a cometely new litter tray and will be getting some bananas later for the old banana on the head trick which worked great last time (and gave me and oh a perverse fit of the giggles :oops:)

I'll be vinegaring the bathroom to rid any scents from the last attempt and prepping our van for a bunny road trip in the morning. Can you think of anything else I can do in advance?

Im so scared! Oh will be here for the first couple of hours but then im on my own :shock: I'll be wearing my boarding gloves this time to avoid getting bitten again :roll:

Is 90 degrees in the washing machine enough to completely get ridof any lingering bunny smells? Its the hottest my machine goes.

Take 2 of bonding my trio commences tommorrow so i need verything to be perfect :?

(sorry for the boring thread :oops:)

I have a cometely new litter tray and will be getting some bananas later for the old banana on the head trick which worked great last time (and gave me and oh a perverse fit of the giggles :oops:)

I'll be vinegaring the bathroom to rid any scents from the last attempt and prepping our van for a bunny road trip in the morning. Can you think of anything else I can do in advance?

Im so scared! Oh will be here for the first couple of hours but then im on my own :shock: I'll be wearing my boarding gloves this time to avoid getting bitten again :roll:

I'll be around for re-assurance. :wave:

I washed both of our fleeces at 60 deg c in the washing machien as i was scared 90 would melt / burn them :lol: It's not caused us any problems :)

I haven't had to use the banana, fortunately, as i dont like the idea of them having it on their heads, in case it gets somewhere that isn't easily accessible by the bunny itself, and the partner doesn't clean it properly and then it goes all manky :? but then that is just me, my opinion, nothing else.

Make sure you have the pen ready and fully vinegar'd up too :wave:

Thanks Gray youre such a sweetie :wave:

Well my stuff is already in the machine at 90. I have to say it did occur to me that they might all come out like handkerchiefs :shock::lol: I just dont want to take any risks with my 2 dominant little devils. I might buy a couple of new fleeces today aswell if i can find any for cheap ish.
I know what you mean about the banana but it really got mine grooming eachother last time and distracted them from humping for a few mins :D
I'll def be needing some reassurance tommorrow. Im praying it goes as well as last time up until the fight. Ive got 3 days off work so I can be with them all the time. It will mean sleeping in tge flippin hall way though :roll:Ah well, needs must :D

Thanks Gray youre such a sweetie :wave:

Well my stuff is already in the machine at 90. I have to say it did occur to me that they might all come out like handkerchiefs :shock::lol: I just dont want to take any risks with my 2 dominant little devils. I might buy a couple of new fleeces today aswell if i can find any for cheap ish.
I know what you mean about the banana but it really got mine grooming eachother last time and distracted them from humping for a few mins :D
I'll def be needing some reassurance tommorrow. Im praying it goes as well as last time up until the fight. Ive got 3 days off work so I can be with them all the time. It will mean sleeping in tge flippin hall way though :roll:Ah well, needs must :D

I'm sure it'll go well :)

Poundland and 99p shop for fleeces :) Thats where i got my 4 from :)

I hope it all works out for you. What time are you starting tomorrow?

I washed everything down with disinfectant than rinsed it all off with just hot water - should i have done anything differently?

I'll be rinsing it down again anyway as i'll be moving some things and aware that it needs doing at a deeper level.

What vinegar solution should i need?

And Gemmapookie - hope all goes well. :)

I washed everything down with disinfectant than rinsed it all off with just hot water - should i have done anything differently?

I'll be rinsing it down again anyway as i'll be moving some things and aware that it needs doing at a deeper level.

What vinegar solution should i need?

And Gemmapookie - hope all goes well. :)

50:50 white vinegar and warm water is what i used :)

Thanks Graham. I'll do a rinse then a vinegar. Phew - it'll well cleaned! :lol:

sooz advised me to get all the carpets and stuff that cant be washed with frebreeze when i first bought Pearl home :wave:

I'm sure it'll go well :)

Poundland and 99p shop for fleeces :) Thats where i got my 4 from :)

I hope it all works out for you. What time are you starting tomorrow?

Unfortunately we dont have a poundland here (chamonix) or indeed any cheap shops :oops: I'll be paying atleast 10 euros for a new fleece :(

Starting fairly early tommorrow as want my oh to help with the first couple of hours and esp the car ride and hes working at 9. Will probs have a sleepless night tonight anyway!
Thanks for the support Grin, i hope ur bond goes well too :D
And Donna thanks for the febreeze advise. They wont be on carpet just yet but if all goes well and theyre moved to the lounge in a few days I'll def be febreezing the carpet.
You guys rock :wave:

Unfortunately we dont have a poundland here (chamonix) or indeed any cheap shops :oops: I'll be paying atleast 10 euros for a new fleece :(

Starting fairly early tommorrow as want my oh to help with the first couple of hours and esp the car ride and hes working at 9. Will probs have a sleepless night tonight anyway!
Thanks for the support Grin, i hope ur bond goes well too :D
And Donna thanks for the febreeze advise. They wont be on carpet just yet but if all goes well and theyre moved to the lounge in a few days I'll def be febreezing the carpet.
You guys rock :wave:

erm, okay, er, balls :lol:

I didn't realise you weren't in the UK :oops:

*gives up* thats a lot of money for a fleecey but i guess it'll be a lot thicker than mine, they are very cheap but effctive and so i can replace them easier i guess :)

Hehe its ok! I am English btw just moved here a few years ago.

Yeh i'll be getting a good quality fleece but the monsters will just gnaw holes in it and wee on it :roll::lol: Definatly worth investing though.

Once theyre all bonded (fingers crossed eek!) im going to buy them 2 big sheep skin dog beds, one for the bedroom and one for the lounge :D And am about to order another hay experts delivery so there'll be lotsa new stuff thats completely neutral for them.

Hehe its ok! I am English btw just moved here a few years ago.

Yeh i'll be getting a good quality fleece but the monsters will just gnaw holes in it and wee on it :roll::lol: Definatly worth investing though.

Once theyre all bonded (fingers crossed eek!) im going to buy them 2 big sheep skin dog beds, one for the bedroom and one for the lounge :D And am about to order another hay experts delivery so there'll be lotsa new stuff thats completely neutral for them.

ah okay, i understand now :)

Is sheep skin not really chewable? Just out of interest?

Yay about hay experts order. :) I have some new toys for them both too and mats / fleeces / food / litter trays / hay racks / carpet tiles etc. I still want a tunnel though, as i don't have one and STILL can't make my mind up as i wanted quite a long one, but not too big that it takes up the whole pen. I did look at a ton o fun bun run, and they were out of stock and i've been put off as it really is just a triangular piece of cardboard for £7 :roll: :?

Hmm good point maybe i'll try them with a small one first! Its quite tightly compacted though which is why i thought it would be ideal for them. Mine prefer to chewvmy clothes than their own beds but its worth testing first!

Is there not a tunnel on hay experts that would fit the bill? X

Back