• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are your buns scared of the hoover?

Are your buns scared of the hoover?

• YES! They run and hide

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No - they dont react at all

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No - they are curious about the hoover

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Unsure....they seem to attack the hoover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont know

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
Alvin stands next to the bit where the hot air comes out lol. holly just ignores it but gets angry at me for invading her space :(

Winter hates it and hides whereas Rimmi does not care at all..... he'll come up to it and sniff in and then just sit there so I have to hoover around his royal bum! :lol:

Pearl used to react really bad, i had to judge days when i felt her heart could cope and get her into a different room before i turned it on, pellets worked well, but she would still huddle up at the sound :(.

Alvin i think is deaf and Holly is just a mean cow who likes to pick on me so neither are fussed by the hoover lolololol

The bunnies don't care, and unless you try to run them over with it them they refuse to move.

The cats on the other hand are hilarious, they used to hide on top of the fridge when they were kittens but now they're too big to get through the open backed stairs onto the top of the fridge so as soon as I get the hoover out one sits in the basin in the bathroom, and the other on the stair next to the top of the fridge! Odd little kitties!

bisc and matt aren't fussed by the hoover.. sometimes they even refuse to move so i have to hoover round them! :roll::lol:

maisie piggy used to be scared when she first arrived here, but now both the piggies aren't bothered either. :wave:

I can't vaccum when Toby's there coz he tries to sit on it (its an upright) and I get worried he'll hurt himself!

Lucky runs away when it's on and tries to chew the wires when it's off he hates it yet sits by the dryer when that's on :?

Starbuck thinks it is a friend!!! He is deaf so he cant hear it.

When Fay was in the house she was absolutely petrified of it, poor love, but she is outside now so no longer has a hoover to fear!

Mine vary-Pig wig was petrified of the hoover and would bounce off everything. She's now outside happily bonded with joe. Petunia would hide-but she's outside now too, her boy broops would be sniffing it, and trying to eat the cable-he too went outside with chewy but he's now gone to the bridge. The pigs hate the hoover but live outside so only have to put up with it around bonfire season when they come in. Our 4 bonded housebuns vary too-misty hates it, thumps sometimes feels confident enough to approach it but hides at other times, bramble is a 3 month old giant who is so loopy she knows she will be bigger than the hoover one day-so just stares it out, and crackers well his name says it all-he sits in the hoovers path, and tries to sniff the end with suction :) our cats hate the hoover. They think it only comes out to get them :) they run to hide, then when i'm emptying the bucket-come and stare at it-and are then mortified when it comes back on again :) personally unless it's me hoovering I hate them too-the noise drives me nuts :)

Last edited:
Dunno how to vote.

My lops don't care, they ignore it. My lionheads don't like it but will suffer it.

no he doesn't bother, he;s the same with the lawn mower he'd have you going around him and leaving a round patch in the grass :lol:

rosie however was scared she used to hide behind her carrot tree incase she got sucked up :lol:

Back