• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Pickle Please

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Pickle was found in a horrific state today.
He has severe bite wounds all over his body. He has 4 large opens wounds on his body, left side of throat/neck, his right shoulder, rump and left hind leg. He also has nasty gashes to his face.
My Mum has taken him to the emergency vets and I'm waiting to see what happens.
I saw them all this weekend and gave them all a health check, they were fine. My Mum noticed something was wrong when she saw a speck of blood on the chair. They were all snuggling in the their giant litter tray. Pickle's wounds look like they were substained yesterday, some time after I left.
I'm really confused as the wounds are not bloody, open, clean and scabbing.
He's eating well, pooing etc. and loved up with all the other bunnies.
What the hell has happened?
He must be in a lot of pain as the wounds are horrific :(
Please send vibes for my boy :(
What do you reckon he'll need?
Waiting for the vet to call me now, and I have no idea what to expect. Mum says they're really quite bad, don't look like a normal rabbit bite. They're about 3-4 mm in diameter :(

Oh no poor Pickle :( :( Loads of vibes...

Is there any fur in the run, if it was one of the buns I think there would be fur pulled out as well, ask your mum to check the outside of the run for tooth/claw marks...have you ever seen rats around?

If you don't think it was one of the other buns I would be making sure the run is extra secure tonight

Oh no poor Pickle :( :( Loads of vibes...

Is there any fur in the run, if it was one of the buns I think there would be fur pulled out as well, ask your mum to check the outside of the run for tooth/claw marks...have you ever seen rats around?

If you don't think it was one of the other buns I would be making sure the run is extra secure tonight

It's impossible for a rat to get in. I think my Mum did say that there was fur about.
I'm just so baffled why Pickle would get beaten up. He is the most dominant (apart from Ghostie) out of all of them. Ghostie and Pickle are like a little pair. Mum said that Ghostie keeps licking his wounds.

How horrific, poor Pickle.

If this was done by a bunny, maybe he is/was brewing something and not feeling 100% anyway so someone tried to usurp his position.

I sure the poor little chap is ok.

OMG :shock: poor little Pickle!!!! I can't believe your docile lot would hurt him and they've been bonded nearly 2yrs now I remember seeing them all loved up in Kris's lounge! My first thought like Louise was that maybe a rat or something got him! It's so odd, I hope the poor little man will be ok sending huge vibes!!!

Oh no Hetty what a horrid shock :( How is Pickle today? Any clearer ideas on what might have happened?

Pickle is really good thanks guys!
Vet says wounds look really really good and are healing really well.
I asked (on his checkup today) if she could look at his teeth (he had one removed) and it's growing directly into his tongue :( So needs it removed.
Poor Pickle Pudding.

I'm glad Pickle is doing well with those nasty wounds. But sorry to hear about that nasty tooth. Hopefully he'll be rid of it soon. xxxxx

Back