• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's anti-social behaviour

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Spenser seems to be going through an anti-social phase. :( He will accept petting when he is in the mood, but this isn't very often. If I give him a treat he rushes off to the far corner of the hutch to enjoy it in peace. I have just been out to say hello, and he went to the bother of getting off his chill and chew mat and going upstairs to his bedroom. It may just have been a coincidental call of nature (the bedroom is his toilet) but he is certainly not being very friendly. I wonder if this is the bunny equivalent of teenage behaviour? He doesn't do any of the classic hormonal behaviour, feet-circling, humping, spraying etc.

Last edited:
You are obviously giving him extra yummy treats - my boys all run off with their favourites :lol:

That's reassuring in a way, but Spenser has no competition - surely he doesn't think I would eat a bunny biscuit? :shock: I think he just likes his own company, which is just as well as the logistics of getting him a friend are formidable.

That's reassuring in a way, but Spenser has no competition - surely he doesn't think I would eat a bunny biscuit? :shock: I think he just likes his own company, which is just as well as the logistics of getting him a friend are formidable.

Even on their own they will run off with the bestest food :lol:

Now go host the next poetry comp - you won the last one :wave:

Don't worry susie bun, Basil is pretty much the same and he has no competition apart from the dogs. If I give him a nice treat he always dashes off with it, as far away from me as possible. Made a HUGE mistake just now and gave him a cardboard wrapper that had had chocolate in it. I thought he would like to play with it like he usually does, but instead he got in a massive temper with it and wee'd on it, then he bit a huge hole through the lining of his play pen. I'm not going to bother next time:lol::lol:

Hes fine! Mine do this too, they spend so much time running off with the nom in their mouth and hiding - they could have had 2! :roll:

Oreo is becoming a bit anti-social too - maybe its a man thing! Ungrateful little so an so's!!

Benson and Lola run in to the kitchen, grab whatever I have for them and run away with it to eat in peace. Then they come back for another little something and do the same with that. I think its just what bunnies do!!

Duh, I see. :oops: I haven't noticed him doing this before ... but it's only recently I found treats he actually liked. :lol:

Biccy does this with carrot, now and before Ginger's arrival.

If theres carrot in the food bowl, he'll pick it up and run as far as he can and hide behind something to eat it, to make sure i won't take it away :lol:

He now has found his match. Ginger stole a grape out of his mouth last night before bed... :shock: :lol:

Biccy does this with carrot, now and before Ginger's arrival.

If theres carrot in the food bowl, he'll pick it up and run as far as he can and hide behind something to eat it, to make sure i won't take it away :lol:

He now has found his match. Ginger stole a grape out of his mouth last night before bed... :shock: :lol:

It was months before Spenser even acknowledged carrot as a foodstuff. It is always left until last. I must try him with a grape again. Ginger is getting cheeky, yay - stand up for women's rights you little star! :D:love:

Even on their own they will run off with the bestest food :lol:

Now go host the next poetry comp - you won the last one :wave:

i love it when locksley runs off with a carrot in his mouth or a tomato he looks soo cute, he runs round to show everyone first before taking it to his house to eat :love:

Back