• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crisis!!had to take there comfy bed out!

beccimarie

Mama Doe
they have not biten there bed before but i went to see them an hour ago outside and poppy had thrown the bed and blanket everywhere and the heat pad and had chewed bit of everything!! lucky the pad has a cover and she only chewed the cover i had to take it all out now casper is lookig for his bed :( and its cold but i dont want to put it back in as it may cause poppy to get a bad belly :roll: what to do!!!

Stuff the area full of hay because they can snuggle nicely in that.

What is it they have chewed? The bed? The blanket? Only the heatpad cover?

What is the heat pad you use?

Stuff the area full of hay because they can snuggle nicely in that.

What is it they have chewed? The bed? The blanket? Only the heatpad cover?

What is the heat pad you use?

she had chewed the corner of the bed, a hole threw the blanket and the heat pad is that snuggle safe one, i liked a bed in there as casper is 8 bless him and he does struggle with arthritis :(

The Snugglesafe is safe to chew I believe because it does't have chemicals in (but do check that out), so could you wrap it in something (like a fleecey blanket) and put it back in?

yes it says its solid and has no liquid chemicals,do you think it will be ok if she chews the blanket though i worry about her she chews everything :oops:

A fleecey one should be ok as long as she isn't ingesting huge amounts. If you put the snugglesafe and blanket in and then loads of hay on top, chances are she will be focusing on the hay anyway.

:) ok thank you, think i worry too much just dont want her to get a bad belly :) they will be pleased to get it back its so cold today!!

You could always just put the snuggle safe under a load of hay, it would just mean heating it not as hot and heating it more regularly.

Back