• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Susie Bun

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Our Bridge bunny 'Spenser' look alike...Danny.

He was 3 weeks old here.
Danny3weeksold25605.jpg

Deep in thought.
11506.jpg

He had dental problems and had to have his incisor teeth removed.
12508.jpg

He had such a wonderful character.
14-2-09.jpg

Our handsome Danny
27108.jpg

Sadly he had cancer and although he was eating like a little pig he was losing weight.
9-2-096.jpg

He was brilliant for taking his meds and his critical care.
18-4-096.jpg

But sadly the cancer won in the end and we lost Danny.
19-4-093.jpg

'This is why everytime I see your Spenser I always smile' :love:

Last edited:
I've been out at Brownies tonight, and these pictures have made my day. Thank you so much for sharing them. :wave:

I keep coming back. :oops::love: He really was lovely.

Spenser weighs about 2.9kg - he is a lionhead crossed with goodness knows what! I met his Mum (who had black fur) and was a bit smaller than Spenser is. Spenser is in an unsociable mood this evening. :roll: I rushed out to the hutch when I got home with a bit of halloween biscuit for him, which he immediately took to the furthest corner of the hutch to crunch. Surely he doesn't think I will take it off him? I do value my fingers. :lol:

This is Grace, Danny's Mum she had been put in a cardboard box by two young lads and they took her from door to door trying to sell her with no luck so they dumped the box in a field with Grace inside but luckily for Grace somebody saw them and she ended up at the RSPCA and then Bunny Burrows and she was so skinny and very scared.
I remember making an appointment for her to be spayed on like a Thursday and on Wednesday night she was pulling fur off her body and I got Mike to put a box in her indoor cage and she went in straight away and gave birth to 5 babies which we kept.
Three of her babies, Hope, Kayleigh and Danny were REWS, Hope and Danny had Lionhead in them, Kayleigh was like her Mum but white.
Miss Warburton was a black lionhead and Toffee was a honey colour and like his Mum. All the babies grew up to big buns except Danny who was the runt of the litter.
We only have Hope and Mum Grace left.

Amazing 'Grace'

14-02-07_2147.jpg

This is Grace, Danny's Mum she had been put in a cardboard box by two young lads and they took her from door to door trying to sell her with no luck so they dumped the box in a field with Grace inside but luckily for Grace somebody saw them and she ended up at the RSPCA and then Bunny Burrows and she was so skinny and very scared.
I remember making an appointment for her to be spayed on like a Thursday and on Wednesday night she was pulling fur off her body and I got Mike to put a box in her indoor cage and she went in straight away and gave birth to 5 babies which we kept.
Three of her babies, Hope, Kayleigh and Danny were REWS, Hope and Danny had Lionhead in them, Kayleigh was like her Mum but white.
Miss Warburton was a black lionhead and Toffee was a honey colour and like his Mum. All the babies grew up to big buns except Danny who was the runt of the litter.
We only have Hope and Mum Grace left.

Amazing 'Grace'

14-02-07_2147.jpg

I'm so pleased that alarming story had a happy ending for Grace, the very grace, I take it, who was kept waiting for her lunch recently?

Spenser's background is less traumatic - his previous owner was a lovely young lady who unfortunately had poor health and felt she should rehome some of her rabbits. My friends at Rainbow Rabbit Retirement Home drew my attention to her ad as they knew I didn't want to go to a breeder but wasn't exactly handy for a rescue! Spenser has always been difficult to handle, which I suspect is a result of not being handled much as a youngster. He was seven months (approx) when I brought him home.

How is Hope now? I'm sorry if I have missed any updates about her.

Yes it is the very Grace who was waiting for her lunch recently :lol:

Hope has had a better day today and not had to be nebulised, she has always had respiratory problems and will be ok for a couple of months and then she will suddenly start breathing badly and we have to nebulise her. We always worry though when she is bad that it will lead to pnemonia, it's a big worry.

Back