• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That was so close!!!

Lops

Mama Doe
Some of you may have seen the area that Mr.Lops fenced in for the bunnies to play?
It cost quite a bit of money to do, and then Malc squished thru the gaps, so it all had to be 'chicken wired' on the back costing even more!

great area tho... look

Image002-1.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Anyhow, today all the bunnies were out having fun, and I sat eating lunch watching them thru the french doors, (which open onto that area bang opposite those two green gates in the last pic)....

Just behind those gates....... came an enormous fox!!
It was just about to jump over!
All the bunnies ran to the hutches, I ran thru the doors clapping my hands like a mad woman and it turned and ran off.
Literally one second later and I would have had at least one bunny less :(
Needless to say they are now all shut away (looking sad) and I'm about to look at web sites for safe runs!!
My heart was pounding!!!

I'd suggest investing in some fox deterrants because very few runs are genuinely fox proof if a fox puts their mind to it.

omg! wow that was very lucky!! and taking of rabbits getting through fences, my free range rabbit crunchie, cos onto my mums veg patch and ate the lot lmao!

Have to say, Col's got the right hump cuz his 'day out' was cut short!

The other 3 dont even seem bothered, :roll:
sometimes they dont bother coming out for long anyway (as the hutch doors are open and they go back inside)

But Col???.......... :? Oh dear! :shock:

Back